15 April 2020
Trieste (Italy), New Delhi (India), and Cape Town (South Africa).
The Arturo Falaschi ICGEB PhD Fellowship Programme
ICGEB offers competitive Pre-doctoral Fellowships in Life Sciences to highly motivated scientists wishing to pursue PhD research studies in a world-class scientific environment.
Fellowships include participation in a competitive research programme, access to state-of-the-art facilities, participation in ICGEB Meetings, Seminars and Journal Clubs and a competitive stipend, plus full coverage of tuition fees and health insurance.
Opportunity Focus Areas:
- Life Sciences
EGYPT, ALGERIA, IRAQ, IRAN, JORDAN, KUWAIT, LIBYA, MOROCCO,TUNISIA, TURKEY, EMIRATES, SYRIA, SUDAN, SAUDI ARABIA, QATAR, & OTHER COUNTRIES ARE NOT FROM THE MIDDLE EAST AND NORTH AFRICA.
3 years PhD course with the possibility of 1-year extension.
- Applicants must be nationals of an ICGEB Member State. Nationals of India and South Africa, ICGEB Host Countries, are not eligible to apply for ICGEB Fellowships in their home country.
- Degree requirements: applicants for ICGEB Trieste should hold a BSc (Honours) degree; applicants for ICGEB Cape Town and New Delhi should hold an MSc degree.
- Candidates must have a good working knowledge of the English language, supported by a proficiency certificate (TOEFL, Cambridge Certificate, or equivalent). Not required when scholastic education has been undertaken in English.
- Candidates for Trieste, Italy must be below the age of 32 years at the time of application (i.e. date of birth after 31/03/1988). There is no age limit for applications for ICGEB New Delhi and Cape Town.
- ICGEB makes no financial provision, nor can it provide administrative support for family members of participants in the programme.
- Monthly stipend: Trieste (Italy): Euro 1,300, New Delhi (India): US$ 1,020, Cape Town (South Africa): ZAR 12,500.
- Travel: The fellowship includes provision for travel expenses from the participant’s home country to the ICGEB lab at the beginning of the fellowship and a return travel provision upon completion of the fellowship.
- Medical health insurance coverage is provided for the duration of the fellowship.
- University tuition fee is covered for the entire PhD registration period.
- Visa/permit of stay application and renewal costs are reimbursed.
- Support for participation in Meetings and Courses is generally provided by the Group Leader / PI.
- ICGEB Trieste: A Housing Service is run through the Welcome Office – Friuli Venezia Giulia.
- CGEB New Delhi: A Guest House is run on campus, on a twin-share basis, for a nominal rate.
- ICGEB Cape Town: Accommodation support is provided to fellows. Arrangements are agreed on prior arrival.
First step: Contact the ICGEB Group Leader/PI of your choice with a motivation letter, to determine the availability of laboratory space and to define the research project proposal that will form an integral part of the application.
You need to provide these documents:
- Curriculum Vitae.
- Motivation letter.
- Proposed research: Proposed research project and timetable (max. 3 pages, plus up to 2 pages of bibliographical references and figures).
- Written statement: A written statement from the ICGEB Group Leader/Principal Investigator you have contacted and who is willing to support the project and provide laboratory space, explaining the motivation for the support of your candidature.
- English language certificate.
- Passport photocopy.
- Diploma certificates.
- Contact details:
- Name and contact details of two (2) people who can provide a letter of reference on your behalf. At least one of these should be a member of the University or College you attended most recently. Please request referees to send their letters by email to (firstname.lastname@example.org) by the application closing date. The subject of the e-mail should be: “The Arturo Falaschi ICGEB PhD Fellowship Programme”, followed by your name.
Know more about this opportunity:
To learn how to write CV, Essays, Personal statement, and know about recommendation letters click here:
Marj3 recommended links
This Scholarship Published by:
” Nedaa Megahed/ Egypt “
Reviewed by” Ahmed Elgarf / Egypt ”
MARJ3 Scholarships team