31 July 2020
The Graduate School of Economic and Management Sciences (GEM), a unit in the Dean’s office, is responsible for the full-time PhD programme of the Faculty of Economic and management Sciences. The unit has been operational since January 2014 and saw the arrival of its first cohort of 10 doctoral scholars on the 20th of the same month.
The Graduate School of Economic and Management Sciences’s call for applications is open from the 15th of June to 31 July 2020 and will recruit for full-time PhD scholarship positions which is funded by the Graduate School. The Graduate School allocates these scholarships by considering each application on its own merit.
Opportunity Focus Areas:
- Business Management
- Development Finance
- Statistics and Actuarial Science
- Public Leadership
- Industrial Psychology
ALL WORLD COUNTRIES
- A candidate must meet the minimum criteria for admission to a PhD at Stellenbosch University. This requires a master’s degree in the relevant discipline or, in exceptional circumstances, an equivalent qualification.
- Candidates must have achieved a grade of 65% in their master’s programmes.
- Candidates must be under forty years of age when the programme commences in January.
- Only applications in one of the Faculty’s Research Themes will be considered.
- All students who meet the above criteria will be considered.
Please Note: The new intake of PhD will commence their studies on 20 January 2021.
The scholarship covers:
- a maximum of R138,000 per year for three years.
First Step: Download the application form from here.
Second Step: Fill out the form with your personal data, motivation letter, brief outline of your proposed approach to the research topic for which you would like to apply, academic records, passport, and proof of competency in English.
Third Step: Prepare three references and inform them that their referee reports should be sent directly to the Graduate School via email ([email protected]) on or before 31 July 2020.
Fourth Step: Send your completed application form electronically to: [email protected].
Please Note: Due to the large number of applications received, only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. If you have not received communication from the Graduate School Office by 16 October 2020, the application should be considered as unsuccessful.
Know more about this opportunity:
To learn how to write CV, Essays, Personal statement, and know about recommendation letters click here:
Marj3 recommended links
This Scholarship Published by:
“Ziad Helal/ Egypt“
“Arwa Osama/ Egypt“
MARJ3 Scholarship Team