8 August 2020
The university’s recently founded Antwerp Interdisciplinary Platform for Research into Inequality (AIPRIL) seeks to advance our understanding of how socioeconomic inequalities are changing, what is driving such trends and what, if anything, can be done.
The project will link large spatial datasets of processed satellite imagery on built-up areas and emitted nightlight in Africa to micro-level household panel and census data. The project aims to understand how urbanisation interacts with economic development in Africa.
Opportunity Focus Areas:
- Social Sciences
ALL WORLD COUNTRIES
The applicant should or can:
- Hold a Master degree in Economics or related social sciences, or will have obtained it by the time you start work.
- Demonstrate excellent study results
- Demonstrate excellent applied econometrics skills
- Have conducted independent research before, for example as part of a master thesis.
- Be able to analyse large data sets in Stata or R. Knowledge of GIS software, such as QGIS is desirable.
- Have a proven interest in development issues in general and for Africa in particular.
- Think creatively, with attention to both detail and the bigger picture.
- Write clearly, concisely and precisely in English.
- Experience with survey or other fieldwork is desirable.
The program provides:
- A doctoral scholarship for a period of 2 years. Following a positive evaluation, the scholarship can be renewed for another 2 years.
- A monthly stipend according to the scholarship amount.
First Step: Create an account from here and then log in to your account from the same link.
Second Step: Click on the ‘Apply’ button and complete the online application form.
Third Step: Provide the following documents:
- motivation letter
- transcripts showing study results of your highest degree.
- a 700 to 1000 word research proposal summarising how you would approach an empirical investigation into Urbanisation, Poverty and Inequality in Africa.
If you have any questions about the job itself, please contact prof. dr. Joachim De Weerdt ([email protected]).
Know more about this opportunity:
To learn how to write CV, Essays, Personal statement, and know about recommendation letters click here:
Marj3 recommended links
This Scholarship Published by:
“Ziad Helal/ Egypt“
“Arwa Osama/ Egypt“
MARJ3 Scholarship Team