1 March 2021.
IIAS & IIAS/CEM-FMSH Fellowship
International Institute for asian scinences and CEM-FMSH Organization provide a scholarship for post-doctoral students for a period up to 10 months in Asian studies research in the social sciences and humanities.
IIAS invites outstanding scholars to apply for a fellowship at IIAS. Applicants may also apply for an extra two months of research at the Collège d’études mondiales of the Fondation Maison des sciences de l’homme (CEM-FMSH) in Paris, in the framework of an additional combined IIAS/CEM-FMSH fellowship.
Opportunity Focus Areas:
- Social sciences
English or French.
ALL WORLD COUNTRIES.
Up to 10 months.
- Applicants must have fulfilled all requirements of the PhD. If you are a PhD candidate at the time of application, you may also apply, provided that you graduate within 5 months after the application deadline.
- A letter from your university will be required to confirm your graduation before this date.
- Affiliated fellows are expected to participate in IIAS events, including the fellow seminars, monthly lunch lectures, and drinks.
- If you are applying for a grant from IIAS to cover your research period in the Netherlands, the fellowship will be tenable for a maximum period of 10 months.
- Support for research (office facilities, library access, networks, etc.) will be provided.
If IIAS decides to sponsor your research by awarding a grant, you will receive:-
- A monthly grant of €2000.
- Office facilities and access to the Leiden University Libraries.
- A one-time grant of (max) €1000 towards the costs of (international) travel.
Extend your IIAS fellowship with an additional two months of research at the Collège d’ét udes mondiales of the Fondation Maison des Sciences de l’Homme (CEM-FMSH) in Paris, France
Anyone applying for a IIAS fellowship can simultaneously apply for two extra months of research in Paris. If you are interested in this option, you should indicate this on the IIAS Application form.Per year, CEM-FMSH offers three fellowships of two months each, for scholars who have been awarded an IIAS fellowship and who wish to spend an additional two months in Paris to pursue their research.
The CEM-FMSH fellowship covers accommodation and a stipend of EURO 1000 per month.
Applicants who want to apply for the CEM-FMSH fellowship, which should follow immediately upon the conclusion of their stay in Leiden, should indicate so in the IIAS Fellowship Application form with a motivation.
First Step: Open and download application form here
Second Step: Prepare the required documents:
- Curriculum Vitae.
- A minimum of two letters of reference.
- List of publications.
Send the requied documents and application to the offficail e-mail [email protected]
Know more about this opportunity:
To learn how to write CV, Essays, Personal statement, and know about recommendation letters click here:
Marj3 recommended links
This Scholarship Published by:
“Eman Ragab/ Egypt“
Reviewed by” Ghada Raafat / Egypt ”
MARJ3 Scholarships Team