18 May 2020
Developing countries in the South
IsDB-TWAS Postdoctoral Fellowship Programme
Early-career researchers from 21 Least Developed Member Countries of the Islamic Development Bank (IsDB) are eligible for an ambitious new postdoctoral programme offered by IsDB and TWAS.
The fellowships will support research related to the United Nations Sustainable Development Goals, providing recipients with high-level training in areas relevant to sustainability science. IsDB-TWAS Postdoctoral Fellowships are tenable at centers of excellence in developing countries.
Opportunity Focus Areas:
- Sustainable Agriculture
- Education for Sustainable Development
- Climate Change
- Sustainable cities
- Responsible growth
- Waste management
- Population growth
- Green chemistry
- Plastic pollution and Micro-plastics
- Water and hygiene
SUDAN, YEMEN, SOMALIA, DJIBOUTI, MAURITANIA, COMOROS.
From 3 to 6 months.
- Hold a PhD degree in an area of science relevant to the research area of the Fellowship programme.
- Age up to 45 years.
- Has preferably 5 years of experience in the field of research after the PhD.
- Host Institute must be in a developing country so Choose a Host Institute from this list.
- Provide an official acceptance letter from the Host Institute.
- Must be a national of and resident in an IsDB LDMC.
- Must be employed at an institution in his/her home country.
- Monthly allowance on the basis of the cost of living in the host country to cover expenses such as accommodation, food and health insurance.
- Allowance for bench fee costs up to USD 2.565 as a contribution towards laboratory expenses necessary for the awardee’s research.
- Cover the cost of a round-trip air ticket up to USD 1.000.
First Step: Create an account from here.
Second Step: You will receive a confirmation mail to fill your application.
Third Step: Complete the application and provide the following documentations:
- Upload two reference letters of senior scientists familiar with your work.
- Upload degree certificate and transcripts of BSc degree (or equivalent).
- Upload degree certificate and transcripts of MSc degree (or equivalent).
- Upload degree certificate and transcripts of PhD degrees (or equivalent).
- Upload your CV.
- provide evidence of proficiency in English.
- Upload Supporting Statement from employer.
- Complete list of publications.
- Upload official Preliminary Acceptance Letter from Institution.
- Upload Research Proposal Outline.
Know more about this opportunity:
To learn how to write CV, Essays, Personal statement, and know about recommendation letters click here:
Marj3 recommended links
This Scholarship Published by:
” Nada Samir/ Egypt “
Reviewed by” Razan Sameh/ Egypt ”
MARJ3 Scholarships team