Applications accepted throughout the year.
In European Molecular Biology Conference (EMBC) countries .
The EMBO Postdoctoral Fellowships.
The EMBO Postdoctoral Fellowships are awarded for a period of up to two years and support excellent postdoctoral researchers in laboratories throughout Europe and the world.
Awarding grants for employment contracts in EMBC countries, EMBO Postdoctoral Fellowships also support the career development of the fellows through leadership courses and networking opportunities.
Opportunity Focus Areas:
- Molecular Biology .
ALL WORLD COUNTRIES.
Although shorter durations can be requested,The minimum fellowship duration that can be requested is one year.
- Applicants must hold a doctorate degree or equivalent at the start of the fellowship.
- Applicants who already hold a PhD at the time of application are eligible to apply only if they obtained it during the two years prior to the date the application is complete.
- Applicants must have at least one first author publication accepted in or published in an international peer reviewed journal at the time of application.
- All applications must involve movement between countries (detailed information about mobility requirements is listed in the EMBO Postdoctoral Fellowships guidelines).
- Applications to go to the country in which the PhD was obtained will not be considered.
- Applications to return to a laboratory where the candidate has worked in the past for more than six months, either in one or in several visits will not be considered.
- Applications for an EMBO Postdoctoral Fellowship to be held in the laboratory, institute or department in which the candidate worked to obtain the PhD, or to work again with the candidate’s supervisor, no matter where the latter is located, will not be considered.
- Candidates who have already started working in the host laboratory can apply only if they have been working in the host laboratory for less than six months at the time the application is complete.
EMBO provides grants to the host institution cover:
- Contract: cost of an employment contract to be issued by the host institution to the awardee, these costs include employer’s social contributions, awardee’s social contributions, taxes as required by national and local laws and regulations, and the net salary of the awardee.
- Childcare allowance: For children under the age of six, fellows can claim support for incurred childcare costs up to the amount of €2.500 per fellowship year and per child.
- Relocation allowance: The relocation allowance is intended to cover travel costs up to the amount of €5.000 for the fellow and his/her family to and from the host institute. The relocation allowance further includes half a month’s grant rate to contribute to relocation costs.
* The EMBO Postdoctoral Fellowship does not cover bench fees, overheads, funds for consumables or any other financial benefits to the host supervisor or the receiving institute.
First Step: Create an account and fill the application from Here.
Second Step: The Committee reviews a condensed application form, which includes a summary of the applicant’s main scientific achievements along with the three most important publications, summary and biological significance of the proposed work, justification for choice of the host lab, as well as reference and acceptance letters.
Know more about this opportunity:
To learn how to write CV, Essays, Personal statement, and know about recommendation letters click here:
Marj3 recommended links
This Scholarship Published by:
“Mona Zakaria/ Egypt”
Reviewed by” Gehad Salem/ Egypt ”
MARJ3 Scholarships Team