January 31, 2019.
Robert F. Kennedy Human Rights Award
The Robert F. Kennedy Human Rights Award honors an individual or group of individuals who stand up to oppression at grave personal risk in the nonviolent pursuit of human rights.
The Robert F. Kennedy Human Rights Award forges strategic partnerships with laureates whose work advances human rights causes all over the world. In combining resources and collaborating on strategy, our laureates amplify their transformative work to a worldwide audience.
Opportunity Focus Areas:
- Human Rights
ALL WORLD COUNTRIES.
- All submissions must be received by January 31, 2019.
- The ceremony is held in Washington, D.C. in November. The recipients are expected to travel to the U.S. to receive the Award at the ceremony in their honor.
- Persons and organizations working non-violently to promote and protect human rights of any race, creed, religion, nationality, gender, or sexual orientation are eligible.
- Nominees must not be part of a government institution or have an official role within a political party, although the nominee can be affiliated with a political party.
- Additionally, nominees must not be self-nominated and nominees must not be nominated for the purposes of a lifetime achievement award or a posthumous award.
- A one-time total cash prize of U.S. $30,000 will be given to the nominee selected to receive the Award. While it is preferable that one nominee is given the Award, if more than one recipient is selected in a year, the cash prize will be divided equally among the recipients.
First Step: Anyone can nominate for the Robert F. Kennedy Human Rights Award, Robert F. Kennedy Human Rights seeks nominations from a wide spectrum of individuals likely to know of appropriate candidates.
Second Step: You can fill Nominee Information Here.
Note: While the Human Rights Award Judges may not nominate candidates for the Award, they may re-nominate candidates who were nominated but not selected in the previous year.
Know more about this opportunity:
To learn how to write CV, Essays, Personal statement, and know about recommendation letters click here:
Marj3 recommended links
This Scholarship Published by:
” Lubna Albadawi/ Syria “
Reviewed by” Lamis Moawad/ Egypt ”
MARJ3 Scholarships team