31 December 2020 at 13:00 GMT
- London, UK
The Sony World Photography Awards 2021
The Open competition celebrates outstanding standalone images from across the world. Judges are looking for photographs that are striking, well-crafted and of exceptional quality. Successful images will communicate a visual narrative through excellent technical and creative skills. The Open competition aims to uncover images that show the world around us and to give the opportunity to photographers whose work might otherwise never be seen. Photographers of all abilities can enter multiple single images to the following categories: Architecture, Culture, Creative, Motion, Landscape, Lifestyle, Natural World & Wildlife, Portraiture, Still Life, Object, Street Photography, and Travel.
All images are judged by industry experts from across the world, who come together each year in London to reward standout works. With the power to kickstart and shape careers, the Awards provide those working in photography a global stage to showcase their work. Previous winning and shortlisted photographers have gone on to be represented by renowned galleries and institutions worldwide, as well as their work being featured in major international publications. In addition, the Awards recognize the world’s most influential artists working in the medium through the Outstanding Contribution to Photography award; previous recipients include Mary Ellen Mark, Elliott Erwitt, Martin Parr, William Eggleston, Candida Höfer and, most recently, Nadav Kander.
Opportunity Focus Areas:
ALL WORLD COUNTRIES
- The monthly winner will be announced at the beginning of each following month.
- The overall winner will be selected between January 8, 2021 and March 2021.
- open to all 12-19 year-olds, asked to submit single images taken in 2020.
- Photographers can enter up to three single images per month.
- Once you enter the Youth competition you cannot submit work to the Professional or Open competitions.
- There is no entry fees to apply.
- Open Photographer of the Year receives $5,000 (USD), a range of Sony digital imaging equipment, flights and accommodation to the Awards ceremony in London and inclusion in Sony World Photography Awards Exhibition at Somerset House, London
- 10 category winners receive a range of Sony digital imaging equipment, publication in Sony World Photography Awards book and inclusion in the Sony World Photography Awards Exhibition at Somerset House, London
- Shortlisted photographers – works shown on digital screens at Sony World Photography Awards Exhibition at Somerset House, London.
First Step: Register to apply.
Second Step: upload your image via the World Photography Organisation Website or any of the official Sony World Photography Awards’ websites and follow the on-screen instructions carefully.
- Images must be taken in 2020 and entries should be based on the Categories outlined, information on which can be found on the Website.
- Images should be no smaller than 1MB and no larger than 5MB. Images should be JPEG files. All images must be saved in the sRGB color model.
Know more about this opportunity:
To learn how to write CV, Essays, Personal statement, and know about recommendation letters click here:
Marj3 recommended links
This Scholarship Published by:
” Arwa Osama/ Egypt “
Reviewed by” Rana Hassan/ Egypt ”
MARJ3 Scholarships team