May 1, 2020.
Hunt Postdoctoral Fellowships.
Hunt Postdoctoral Fellowships support the writing-up of already completed research. The fellowship is awarded to scholars in the earlier stages of their careers, when they frequently lack the time and resources to develop their research for publication.
The Foundation supports research that demonstrates a clear link to anthropological theory and debates, and promises to make a solid contribution to advancing these ideas.
Opportunity Focus Areas:
ALL WORLD COUNTRIES.
- The foundation provides financial support for twelve months of continuous full-time writing.
- Applicants requesting shorter time periods will receive a pro-rated award as appropriate.
- Applicants must have a Ph.D. or equivalent at the time of application.
- Applicants must have received a Ph.D. or equivalent within ten years of the application deadline.
- Qualified scholars are eligible without regard to nationality, institutional, or departmental affiliation although preference is given to applicants who are untenured or do not yet have a permanent academic position.
- The Hunt Postdoctoral Fellowship is to support a continuous period of full-time academic writing. The research that forms the basis of the writing project is expected to be completed at the time of application. In special circumstances and with prior approval of the Foundation, recipients may use part of their stipend for a minor research component if necessary to complete their proposed publication/s. No research funds in addition to the basic stipend are available as part of the Hunt Postdoctoral Fellowship.
- The fellowship may be used to support the preparation of a book or monograph manuscript, journal articles, book chapters, or a combination of these forms of publication.
- The Foundation cannot accept an application from a prior grantee unless all requirements of a previous grant have been completed. Please contact the Foundation for more information if this situation applies.
- Prior recipients of Hunt Postdoctoral Fellowships are not eligible to apply for a second fellowship for a different writing project.
- Hunt Postdoctoral Fellowship applications that were unsuccessful in a prior funding cycle may be resubmitted only twice. A resubmission statement explaining how the application is different from the prior application and how the referees’ comments have been addressed must accompany resubmitted applications.
- If a fellowship is awarded, the applicant must agree to comply with the Requirements and Conditions of the .Hunt Postdoctoral Fellowship.
It provides US $40,000 of financial support for twelve months of continuous full-time writing.
First Step: create a user account by supplying and verifying an email that will serve as your primary means of contact here
Second Step: You must complete an Eligibility Quiz to determine if you have met all the pre-requisites to
Third Step: Once your eligibility is verified, the system will assign you three tasks:
A Hunt Fellowship Application Form to fill out and submit. (Please see our Application Procedures page for instructions from Here.)
Two Required Attachments:
- Project Bibliography.
- Applicant Curriculum Vitae.
Fourth step: Once you have successfully submitted your application, you will receive a confirmation email.
Know more about this opportunity:
To learn how to write CV, Essays, Personal statement, and know about recommendation letters click here:
Marj3 recommended links
This Scholarship Published by:
” Marwa Bouzidi/ Algeria “
Reviewed by” Ghada Raafat / Egypt ”
MARJ3 Scholarships team