First step: Applicants must apply online through the official website during the submission period.
- choose your applying category from Feature-length Film, Feature-length Documentary, and Short Film
- Fill in The application form and submit a downloadable screener link of the film with the following criteria:
- completed after August 15, 2019, and have not been submitted to previous editions of the Hainan Island International Film Festival in any other form or version.
- The minimum running time is 70 minutes for both Feature-length Film and Feature-length Documentary and the maximum running time is 15 minutes for the short film.
3. Films accepted to the competition must be in DCP (Digital Cinema Package) format that meets the industry standards for theatrical screening.
Second step: Nominees will be notified confidentially via mail on October 25, 2020.
Awardees will be announced in the HIIFF.