“World Tales” Short Story Competition
With the aim to foster imagination, resourcefulness and ingenuity, UNESCO and the Idries Shah Foundation (ISF) launch the World Tales Short Story Competition in close collaboration with the International Coalition of Inclusive and Sustainable Cities of UNESCO (ICCAR). Young teenagers from all over the globe are invited to write about challenges of today and tomorrow in the format of a short story, and share their perspectives.
The theme of this 2020 First Edition is “Once upon a time in my future”.
Opportunity Focus Area:
human rights violations
- Humanities, Writing & Creative Writing
- Participants must be between 12 and 18 years old (inclusive). The Competition is open to all regardless of their nationality or city of residence.
- Algeria, Bahrain, Comoros, Cyprus, Djibouti, Egypt, Iraq, Jordan, Kuwait, Lebanon, Libya, Mauritania, Morocco, Oman, Palestine, Qatar, Saudi Arabia, Somalia, South Sudan, Sudan, Syria, Tunisia, Turkey, UAE, Yemen
- Required Languages
- Other Requirements
How To Apply
Sign in to be able to see how to apply
Sign in to your account
- Created by
- Ahmed Essam/ Egypt
- Reviewed by
- Mohamed Sayed- Egypt
- Opportunity Type
- Competitions, Contests, Awards, Prizes, Non-Degree Opportunities
- Funding Type
- Program Period
- Extension of deadline for submission: 15 October 2020 at midnight (CET).