13 July 2020 at 5:00pm EDT
Atlassian’s Codegeist 2020
Build powerful team collaboration apps on Atlassian Cloud. Atlassian’s Codegeist is back in a big way for 2020. This year, They are looking for creative cloud applications in two tracks: BUILT WITH CONNECT and BUILT WITH FORGE.
BUILT WITH CONNECT
Create production-ready applications and integrations for your favorite Atlassian Cloud tools: Jira, Confluence, Bitbucket and more. Think about solutions that would help your team work smarter or pick a topic of your own that inspires you. Plus, use the Trello customization platform to build Trello Power-Ups and compete for the corresponding bonus prizes!
BUILT WITH FORGE
Atlassian’s new cloud app development platform, Forge, allows you to build trusted, scalable apps in as little as a few hours with Atlassian-hosted compute and storage, eliminating the need to manage infrastructure or security. Forge is still in beta so join the waitlist using referral “Codegeist” to get access and start building.
Opportunity Focus Areas:
- Web Development
- Mobile Applications
- Artificial Intelligence
EGYPT, PALESTINE, JORDAN, LEBANON, TUNISIA, ALGERIA, MOROCCO, LIBYA, SAUDI ARABIA, EMIRATES, KUWAIT, QATAR, BAHRAIN, OMAN, YEMEN, SOMALIA, DJIBOUTI, MAURITANIA, TURKEY, CYPRUS, COMOROS & OTHER COUNTRIES ARE NOT FROM THE MIDDLE EAST AND NORTH AFRICA
Judging Period will be from 17 July 2020 at 10:00 am Eastern Time till 23 July 2020 at 5:00 pm Eastern Time.
The winners will be announced on 29 July 2020 at 2:00 pm Eastern Time.
- Open to Individuals who are at least the age of majority where they reside as of the time of entry (“Eligible Individuals”) expect Individuals who are residents of, or Organizations domiciled in, Brazil, Quebec, or any country, state, province or territory where the laws of the United States or local law prohibits participating or receiving a prize in the Hackathon (including, but not limited to, Cuba, Sudan, Iran, North Korea, Syria and any other country designated by the United States Treasury’s Office of Foreign Assets Control).
- Teams of Eligible Individuals (“Teams”).
- Organizations (including corporations, not-for-profit corporations and other nonprofit organizations, limited liability companies, partnerships, and other legal entities) that exist and have been organized or incorporated at the time of entry.
- An Eligible Individual may join more than one Team, or Organization and an Eligible Individual who is part of a Team or Organization may also enter the Hackathon on an individual basis.
- If a Team or Organization is entering the Hackathon, they must appoint and authorize one individual (the “Representative”) to represent, act, and enter a Submission, on their behalf. The Representative must meet the eligibility requirements above. By entering a Submission on the Site on behalf of a Team or Organization you represent and warrant that you are the Representative authorized to act on behalf of your Team or Organization.
- For more information about eligible requirement click here.
- Built with Connect Category Prizes:
- The Grand Prize for will receive $55,000 USD, Invitation for two (2) people to a future Atlassian event, Meeting with Atlassian R&D teams (virtual), Atlassian blog post featuring winner and Feature on select Atlassian marketing channels.
- The Second Place will receive $43,000 USD, Atlassian blog post featuring winner and Feature on select Atlassian marketing channels.
- The Third Place will receive $33,000 USD, Atlassian blog post featuring winner and Feature on select Atlassian marketing channels.
- The Fourth Place will receive $22,000 USD and Atlassian blog post featuring winner.
- The Fifth Place will receive $12,000 USD and Atlassian blog post featuring winner.
- Honorable Mentions (5) will receive $5,000 USD and Atlassian blog post featuring winner.
- Built with Forge Category Prizes:
- The grand Place will receive $20,000 USD, Invitation for two (2) people to a future Atlassian event, Meeting with Atlassian R&D teams (virtual), Atlassian blog post featuring winner and Feature on select Atlassian marketing channels.
- The Second Place will receive $15,000 USD, Atlassian blog post featuring winner and Feature on select Atlassian marketing channels.
- The Third Place will receive $10,000 USD, Atlassian blog post featuring winner and Feature on select Atlassian marketing channels.
- Honorable Mentions (5) will receive $1,000 USD and Atlassian blog post featuring winner
- Top 100 Forge Apps (100) will receive $500 USD.
- Best App for Remote Working: $5,000 USD and Atlassian blog post featuring winner.
- Winners (and in the case of Team or Organization, all participating members) are responsible for any fees associated with receiving or using a prize, including but not limited to, wiring fees. Winners (and in the case of Team or Organization, all participating members) are responsible for reporting and paying all applicable taxes in their jurisdiction of residence (federal, state/provincial/territorial and local).
- For more information about more prizes click here.
First Step: Create an account on the official website.
Second Step: You must build innovative cloud apps on Atlassian in one of the two categories:
- Built with Connect: Use Atlassian’s Connect framework to create new, or migrate existing, cloud applications that integrate with one of Atlassian’s products, such as Jira.
- Built with Forge: Create cloud applications quickly and easily in Forge beta before its wide release (and show the app’s real-world use case!).
- You can also use Trello’s customization platform to build Trello Power-Ups.
Third Step: Submit the following materials:
- A demo video (hosted on YouTube, Facebook Video, Vimeo, or Youku). Your video should include a demo of your working application.
- Access to your working application for judging and testing.
- A complete submission form on Devpost before the deadline.
- The Application must be capable of being successfully installed and running consistently on the platform for which it is intended, and must function as depicted in the video and/or expressed in the text description.
- A submitted Application must run on at least one of the following:
- a smartphone or tablet (iOS or Android)
- a web browser (mobile or desktop)
- a desktop computer (Windows PC, Mac Desktop)
- other hardware (including, but not limited to, wearable technology, open source hardware, or proprietary hardware)
- For more information about how to create cloud application, click here.
Know more about this opportunity:
To learn how to write CV, Essays, Personal statement, and know about recommendation letters click here:
Marj3 recommended links
This Scholarship Published by:
“Arwa Osama/ Egypt“
Reviewed by” Rana Hassan/ Egypt ”
MARJ3 Scholarships Team