March 1st, 2020.
Online & The first team will win a private visit of an exceptional VINCI Construction project in Europe, Asia or South America.
(Prize/ Fully Funded)
The Trail by VINCI Construction – 2nd Edition
Are you a student with ideas on how to transform the world of construction?
Whatever your background or specialism, put together a team and take part in the second “The Trail by VINCI Construction” challenge by developing an ambitious project that will take the construction industry to the next level.
If your team is chosen, you’ll all be invited to a 2-day final – featuring a sports challenge – with other teams from all over the world!
Today’s world is faced with a number of challenges, including significant growth in the global urban population and increasing transportation requirements in a context of new climate and environmental issues.
Buildings and infrastructure alone account for 40% of energy consumed and greenhouse gas emissions produced worldwide. And this means that they are at the heart of energy transition and urban resilience efforts.
The construction sector has to take action to overcome these new challenges, and new technologies will undoubtedly be one aspect of the answer – digitalized project design and construction using digital models (BIM – Building Information Modelling), the introduction of robots to construction sites, and 3D printing of construction materials are just a few examples of these innovative technologies.
Innovate in one of these three fields:
The construction site and methods of the future
Design and submit a project that brings together the latest and best technology to improve the construction sites of the future, making them both productive and eco-friendly!
Sustainable construction & resilience
How best to lead the way in the construction industry in response to the current environmental and climate challenges?
What new solutions could you find to the following challenges?
- Consideration of environmental issues throughout the entire chain of design, building and operation;
- Buildings’ energy efficiency;
- Buildings’ life cycles;
- Adapting buildings to make them more resilient to climate challenges – particularly to natural disasters;
- Using innovative and eco-friendly materials, taking into account the need to bring green spaces and biodiversity back into cities, and more.
- Creation of a useful building for people, fauna and flora.
Imagine a world where construction leads by example in combating the excesses of our consumer society!
Cities above and under cities
The number of people living in cities will double in the next 30 years – what solutions could tackle the challenges of developing these cities and their buildings, transport infrastructure, utilities, green spaces and more?
- How could you build the future of cities? How could your solution optimize property?
- How could the expansion of self-driving vehicles help to improve cities’ urban development?
- What could be done with underground infrastructure when car parks have been made obsolete by new transport solutions?
- What new innovative and/or participatory methods of financing could be used to build the cities of the future?
- What new services could be offered to residents of tomorrow’s cities?
- In what way can our increasingly dense cities be more pleasant to live in?
Approach city development from a different angle!
- Whatever the domain you chose, you are free to suggest your own solutions!
- Keep in mind that VINCI Construction is waiting for simple ideas, practical, detailed, feasible and implementable in a short period.
- The finalist teams will be invited to take part in a great sports challenge for the finale!
Opportunity Focus Areas:
- Architecture and Construction
ALL WORLD COUNTRIES.
- Registration and Participation until March 1st, 2020.
Finalist teams selection:
- Semi-Finals from March 16th to April 17th, 2020.
- Finals May 28-29, 2020.
Eligibility Requirements (Criteria)
Eligibility Requirements (Criteria)
- To take part in the Challenge, we must have received your completed registration by March 1, 2020 at 11.59pm.
- To register, the Participant must first have created a user account on the Challenge website, and must have truthfully and accurately completed required information, such as full name, email address, etc.
- Any registration based on inaccurate, false or incomplete information will result in the Participant’s disqualification.
- Deletion of a Participant’s user account on the Challenge website will be deemed as a withdrawal from the Challenge.
This Challenge is open and offered solely to:
- Student. Any individual aged eighteen (18) years and/or with full legal capacity, who (i) is currently enrolled at a post-secondary institution or (ii) has recently graduated from a post-secondary institution less than 2 years before the current scholar year, with a student card to prove it. Each Student may only participate once in each Challenge. If the participant is a minor, you must provide this authorization signed by a parent or guardian in the name of the minor.
- All the documents that may confirm the Participant’s eligibility will be required prior to awarding any prizes (e.g. identity document, student card etc.).
- This Challenge is only open to students, alternates and trainees regardless of the company they belong to. However, this Challenge is not open to any other member of the staff of the Organising Company and AGORIZE or to members of their families.
- This Challenge is void in countries where it is prohibited or restricted by law.
- Participation in the Challenge must be as a team.
- Individual Participants may elect to form a team (“Team”) of four (4) members with mixed genders. Each Team member must accept these Rules, by clicking a hyperlink through the Agorize interface. Sponsor may disqualify any Team (and all its members) in the case where any one member has not accepted or violates these Rules.
For more detailed information, please click Here.
- First team prize: Each member of the first team will win a private visit of an exceptional VINCI Construction project in Europe, Asia or South America (tickets and accommodation for 2 nights, all inclusive).
- Second team prize: Each member of the second team will win a smart device (value €500) .
- Third team prize: Each member of the third team will win a smart device (value €300).
- Each participant selected for the finale will win sports equipments and will get a VIP access to jobs and internships offers in VINCI Construction!
How to Apply
How to Apply
First Step: Register on the platform.
Second Step: Build up a team of 4 members AND mixed gender (this is mandatory).
Third Step: Submit your participation by uploading:
- a 3-slide PDF document in english.
- a short video presentation (1 min 30 sec max) in english. For more information click Here.
Fourth Step: Answer the questions in the participation space.
Fifth Step: Submit your application!
Know more about this opportunity:
Marj3 recommended links
Marj3 recommended links
To learn how to write CV, Essays, Personal statement, and know about recommendation letters click here:
This Scholarship Published by:
“Alyaa Abdelraouf/ Egypt“
MARJ3 Scholarships team