31 August 2020
WSA Young Innovators Award 2020
The WSA Young Innovators is a special call within the framework of WSA, that promotes and awards young social entrepreneurs. The WSA Young Innovators is a special recognition for young people under 26 years of age, using ICTs to take action on the United Nations Sustainable Development Goals (UN SDGs). Together with the WSA winners of each year, they are honored as outstanding digital innovation with social impact.
The WSA Young Innovators Award is an open call. Participation in the WSA Young Innovators is open to any entrepreneur, company, student group, or project team – at least one of the founding members and the majority of the team must be under the age of 26 (born on or after January 1, 1994).
Opportunity Focus Areas:
- Government & Citizen Engagement
- Health & Well Being
- Learning & Education
- Environment & Green Energy
- Culture & Tourism
- Smart Settlements & Urbanization
- Business & Commerce
- Inclusion & Empowerment
You can know more from here.
EGYPT, SYRIA, IRAQ, JORDAN, LEBANON, TUNISIA, ALGERIA, MOROCCO, SUDAN, LIBYA, SAUDI ARABIA, EMIRATES, KUWAIT, QATAR, BAHRAIN, OMAN, YEMEN, SOMALIA, DJIBOUTI, MAURITANIA, TURKEY, IRAN, CYPRUS, COMOROS, & OTHER COUNTRIES ARE NOT FROM THE MIDDLE EAST AND NORTH AFRICA
Around one year
- 15 April 2020: WSA YOUNG INNOVATORS call open.
- 31 August 2020: WSA Call closes – WSA database closes.
- September/October 2020: WSA Online Jury processes all submitted products to select the shortlist.
- November 2020: Announcement of the WSA Shortlist.
- December 2020: WSA Grand Jury evaluates WSA Shortlist to select WSA winners.
- End of December 2020: Winners Announcement.
- March 2021: WSA Winners will be presented and awarded at the WSA Global Congress.
- Eligible for young citizens of all UN member states, WSA Young Innovators is open to every start-up, social entrepreneur, NGO, student, or individual!
- Submissions for the WSA Young Innovators can contain all mobile and web-based projects, such as: apps, web pages, applications for wearables, kiosk installations, SMS based products, games, and interactive productions. There is no limitation regarding the platforms or channels the projects work with.
- All submissions have to be launched products. No drafts, ideas, or unfinished projects can be accepted.
- Taking part in the WSA Young Innovators contest is eligible through the submission of a project with a clear digital component to the WSA Database.
- Only submitted and fully filled in applications will be considered by the WSA Young Innovators Jury.
- All information entered in the application form of the WSA Database must be in English.
- The main team members of the projects submitted must be under 26 years of age (born on or after January 1, 1994).
- The timeline is the same as the WSA Global.
- An especially assembled Jury will evaluate all entries.
You can know more from here.
- Invitation to the WSA Global Congress including:
- Pitching seminars.
- 4-minute pitch session in front of an international audience during the Congress.
- A program of especially crafted workshops for the winners.
- Invitation to the prestigious award ceremony and Gala night.
- Board and lodging for the durance of the Congress.
- Eye to eye exchange with speakers, jurors, and international guests.
- Integration into a network of internationally recognized digital content developers.
- Access to the WSA community of global experts and industry leaders in over 180 countries.
- Interaction with world-renowned sponsors and partners of the WSA community.
- Workshops specially shaped for the winner’s needs.
- A videoclip highlighting the winner’s projects.
- Special placement on WSA website, youtube channel, and social media promotion.
- Long-term coverage within WSA editorial channels.
First Step: Create an account and start filling the application from here.
- You may need this Application Form Template for WSA Database that will help you through the application process.
- Provide a short video about your project. It should be short and explanatory, giving a good impression about what your project is about and Short description of your digital solution (2-3 sentences). (Optional)
- The application procedure for the WSA & WSA Young Innovators requires detailed information on your product that you have to provide in the WSA Database.
- Please find below some guidelines on how you should provide this information in order to make the application easier to evaluate and process and hence promote your project the best.
- Once you have read the guidelines to make the application, you can find here a manual to use the database.
- GENERAL GUIDELINES:
- Please be short and precise and make your digital project easy to understand. Avoid too long sentences and complicated technical terms.
- Please fill in your application solely in ENGLISH.
- Please make sure that the URL to your project/product and the email you provided works!
- Please be aware that an international jury is evaluating your project. E.g. if your project cannot be downloaded from the playstore in some countries, please make sure that you give enough information, provide screenshots or a comprehensive presentation for the jurors.
- It’s advised that first do your application in a word document and then copy-paste to the database for easier structuring.
- WSA tries to keep the application as short as possible, hence it’s advised that you fill in all fields, even if they are not obligatory.
Know more about this opportunity:
To learn how to write CV, Essays, Personal statement, and know about recommendation letters click here:
Marj3 recommended links
This Scholarship Published by:
” Ahd Ezzat/ Egypt “
Reviewed by” Nada Samir/ Egypt”
MARJ3 Scholarships team