28 September 2018
WIRED CREATIVE HACK AWARD
The CREATIVE HACK AWARD is an annual award for next-generation creators, who value ambitious vision and think beyond the borders of countries and regions.The purpose of this award is to stimulate people engaged in creative work to reconsider what traits are desired for a creator, and in what areas creators should take the lead in the future.
Manga, anime, videogames, advertising graphics, product design… No one can deny the powerful force of the Japanese creative content that swept the world when it was synonymous with being cool. However, it has sadly become a remnant of the past. If we remain ignorant the Japanese creative industry will remain left behind, just like the “Galapagos Syndrome” where specialized 3G phones dominated the Japanese market, despite failure overseas. In recognition of this, WIRED launched the “CREATIVE HACK AWARD” in 2013, to provide an opportunity for the next generation “human resources,” who are to lead the future of the Japanese creative industry to the next step.
Opportunity Focus Areas:
ALL WORLD COUNTRIES.
Almost one month.
Finalists announcement will be on Early November, Final screening and award ceremony on Late November.
- Any age, sex, or nationality submissions are accepted.
- One person or one group may submit up to 5 works. (Submissions from corporate organizations are not permitted.).
- There should be an element of surprise = The “What”.
- The sharpness, breadth, and depth of the question being raised = The depth of the “Why”.
- The ability to choose an appropriate medium to entirely represent the idea = The “How”.
- Finalists:Once the judges have carefully selected the finalists, the CREATIVE HACK AWARD Secretariat will notify them by the end of October.Each finalist will receive a supplementary prize consisting of a “one-day use ticket” to TechShop Tokyo (equivalent to ¥4500 – excluding tax) + one “SBU ticket” (equivalent to ¥5000 – excluding tax) for a total prize (equivalent to ¥9500 – excluding tax).※ Even if a finalist has applied as a group, the group will only be eligible for a single supplementary prize.※ Any changes or additions to the supplementary prizes will result in a further announcement on the site.
- Grand Prize (1 Applicant)SONY “α7S III” interchangeable-lens camera with “FE 24-70mm F2.8 GM” lensWACOM Pen Display Wacom Cintiq Pro 16
- Second Prize (1 Applicant)SONY “α6500” interchangeable-lens camera with “Vario-Tessar T* E 16-70mm F4 ZA OSS” lensWACOM Pen Display Wacom Cintiq Pro 13
- Special Prize (3 Applicant)SONY “Xperia Touch” a portable smart projector with Android (TM) OSWACOM Pen Tablet Wacom Intuos Pro MSONY Headphon
- Public Prize(1 Applicant)SONY HeadphoneWACOM Pen Tablet Wacom Intuos Pro M
- SONY Prize (1 Applicant)SONY Digital still camera “RX0”
- WACOM Prize (1 Applicant)WACOM Pen Tablet Wacom Intuos Pro M
First Step: Enter your personal data and Confirm it.
Second Step: Enter the data for your artwork, make sure that you clearly state: What, Why, and How you HACKed.
Third Step: And then Confirm the data for your artwork and complete.
Know more about this opportunity:
To learn how to write CV, Essays, Personal statement, and know about recommendation letters click here:
Marj3 recommended links
This Scholarship Published by:
” Waleed Ashraf/ Egypt “
Reviewed by” Chahineze Hakki/ Algeria ”
MARJ3 Scholarships team