31 January 2020
Birmingham – UK.
Aston Enterprise Scholarship
Aston university wants all of its students to be creative and have ideas that can change the businesses or professions of their future career. Aston is a university that trains business leaders, works with businesses and researches the innovative and entrepreneurial behaviour of firms and individuals. The Aston Enterprise Scholarship is one example of how Aston is training and supporting the business leaders of the future.
Aston University is offering a full scholarship (100% reduction in tuition fees) and two partial scholarships (40% reduction in tuition fees) to students who demonstrate that they have the potential to be successful entrepreneurs in the future. These scholarships are for students who study a one-year master’s course beginning in September 2020.
Opportunity Focus Areas:
- Chemical Engineering & Applied Chemistry
- Computer Science
- Electronic Engineering
- Engineering Systems & Management
- Mechanical Engineering & Design
- Languages and Social Science
- Pharmacy & Pharmaceutical Science
- Biological & Biomedical Sciences
- Neurophysiology & Neurosensory Sciences
- Psychology, Health Psychology & Cognitive Neuroscience
For more information about majors click here
ALL WORLD COUNTRIES.
One-year (12 month Masters Programme at the University for entry in September 2020.)
- Students must hold a current offer from the University (as at 31 January 2020) to study a Master’s Programme at the University which will commence in September 2020.
- Students are required to have met all conditions stated in their offer letter for example. to have attained the appropriate IELTS (if applicable) prior to commencing the Masters Programme in September 2020.
- Students will not be eligible if they are already an existing student on a Master’s Programme at the University.
- The Scholarships are valid for Masters Programmes commencing in September 2020 only. Neither the winner nor runners up are permitted to defer their commencement date to another academic year.
- Students are required to confirm that any material submitted as part of the competition is their own work and does not infringe any intellectual property rights of a third party.
- Competition entries must be from individuals only, not teams.
- Those students shortlisted for the final round of the competition will be required to attend the University for their closing submissions. In the event students are EU/International, the University will cover the cost of travel (economy fares only) subject to prior agreement and the production of receipts. The University will also cover the cost of no more than 3 nights’ accommodation at Conference Aston, Birmingham subject to prior agreement and the production of receipts. The University will assist with acquiring visitor visas for the duration of your visit and contribute to your visa fee up to the value of £100.00. If students cannot attend the University for their closing submission they will be withdrawn from the shortlist.
- If a student fails to respond to any shortlisting emails within allotted time frames, the application will be rendered void. As such, students will be withdrawn from the shortlist.
- The winner and two runners up will be required to become Enterprise Ambassadors of the University. This means taking part in promotional activities such as attending University open days and participating in promotional videos.
- The winner and runners up will be subject to the University’s rules and regulations applicable to their chosen Masters Programme.
- The decision of the University to award the Scholarships will be final. Reasons for being unsuccessful will not be provided. Students may appeal against the decision only if they can show that there has been a procedural error. Appeals should be addressed to the Director of Student and Academic Services.
- The winner will receive:Full scholarship (100% reduction in tuition fees) for a master’s course beginning in September 2020. Guaranteed participation in BSEEN, including mentorship, office space and a grant to start a business in Birmingham after they graduate.
- The two runners-up will both receive a partial scholarship (40% reduction in tuition fees) for a master’s course beginning in September 2020.
- The Scholarships will be awarded as a reduction in academic tuition fees. No cash alternative is available.
- If you make our final shortlist, Aston University will pay for you to come to Birmingham to present your business idea to a University Enterprise Panel. The panel will decide who is the winner and the two runners-up.
First Step: Complete the Form and upload a short (3-minute) video of your idea for a new business. You should demonstrate that your business can be successful in Birmingham.
Second Step: Applicants will only consider for the shortlist if they hold an offer to study at Aston. Apply for your chosen postgraduate course before you upload your video below.
Know more about this opportunity:
To learn how to write CV, Essays, Personal statement, and know about recommendation letters click here:
Marj3 recommended links
This Scholarship Published by:
” Shrouk Saleh/ Egypt “
Reviewed by” Rahaf Elkhodary/ Egypt ”
MARJ3 Scholarships team