30 August 2020
UNESCO-Merck Africa Research Summit – MARS 2020
They will present the ‘Best Young African Researcher Award’ and the ‘Best African Woman Researcher Award’ to recognize the outstanding contribution of African Female Scientists with the aim to promote women in research and advance their contribution to STEM (Science, Technology, Engineering and Mathematics)”.
The summit aims to contribute to building research capacity in the African research community, with special focus on ‘The Role of Scientific Research in responding to Cancer and Vaccines Development – Two emerging challenges in Africa’. The end objective is to empower African young researchers & women researchers, advancing their research capacity and promote their contribution to STEM.
Opportunity Focus Areas:
- Cancer (specially in women)
- Vaccines Development
EGYPT, TUNISIA, ALGERIA, MOROCCO, SUDAN, LIBYA, SOMALIA, DJIBOUTI, MAURITANIA, COMOROS.
UNESCO – Merck Africa Research Summit (MARS) 2020” with the aim to Empower Women & Youth in Research will be held on the 13th of October in Lusaka, Zambia on the side of their annual conference Merck Africa Asia Luminary.
- Abstracts are invited from final year African PhD students and young investigators involved in research related to either of the following topics: 1) Cancer (specially in women) & 2) Vaccines Development.
- The applicants should be primarily based at African Research Institutes and Universities, although collaboration within Africa as well as outside is encouraged.
- 15 winners will be eligible for a sponsorship to attend UNESCO MARS Summit.
- Best three Abstracts will be eligible for Research Awards.
- Research Awards will be also dedicated for Best African Women Researchers.
First Step: Applicants will have to submit the following documents :
- CV (including Name, Gender, Country, University/Hospital Name, Email address, Mobile Number).
- The abstract document as an attachment.
Second Step: Submit your online application.
Note: Applications can be submitted via email to [email protected]
Know more about this opportunity:
To learn how to write CV, Essays, Personal statement, and know about recommendation letters click here:
Marj3 recommended links
This Scholarship Published by:
“Iness Belleili/ Algeria“
Reviewed by” Esraa Allam/ Egypt”
MARJ3 Scholarships Team