2021 International Undergraduate Scholarship
Official Website: https://www.ecu.edu.au/scholarships/details/2021-international-undergraduate-scholarship
Applying Link : http://www.ecu.edu.au/future-students/applying
The International Undergraduate Scholarship is offered to international students from selected countries who are applying for a Bachelor degree at ECU. The scholarship offers a 20% reduction in your tuition fees for the duration of your course at ECU. The scholarships are open to future international students seeking to enrol at Edith Cowan University in a Bachelor degree.
Opens: 1-06-2020 Closes: 31-07-2021
At a glance
- Applicants must be an international student who receives an offer, or a conditional offer, to study a course at ECU during the November 2020 intake or in 2021;
- Students who meet standard course entry from Andorra, Antigua and Barbuda, Argentina, Aruba, Austria, Bahamas, Bahrain, Bangladesh, Barbados, Belgium, Bermuda, Bhutan, Bosnia and Herzegovina, Botswana, Brazil, Brunei Darussalam, Bulgaria, Burma (Myanmar), Cambodia, Canada, Cayman Islands, Chile, China, Colombia, Croatia, Cyprus, Czech Republic, Denmark, , East Timor, Ecuador, Egypt, Estonia, Fiji, Finland, France, French Polynesia, Germany, Greece, Greenland, Guam, Hong Kong, Hungary, Iceland, Indonesia, Iran, Israel, Italy, Japan, Jordan, Kazakhstan, Kuwait, Kyrgyzstan, Laos, Latvia, Liechtenstein, Lithuania, Luxembourg, Macau, Malaysia, Maldives, Malta, Mauritius, Mexico, Monaco, Montenegro, Nepal, Netherlands, New Caledonia, , Northern Island, Norway, Oman, Palau, Papua New Guinea, Peru, Philippines, Poland, Portugal, Puerto Rico, Qatar, Romania, Russian Federation, San Marino, Saudi Arabia, , Serbia, Seychelles, Singapore, Slovakia, Slovenia, Solomon Islands, South Africa, South Korea, Spain, Sri Lanka, Sweden, Switzerland, Taiwan, Tajikistan, Tanzania, Thailand, Tonga, Trinidad and Tobago, Turkey, United Kingdom, Ukraine, United Arab Emirates, USA, Uzbekistan and Vietnam, are eligible for the International Undergraduate Scholarship;
- Applicants are able to package with ELICOS;
- Open to prospective international students (not current ECU Students, excluding those receiving the Welcome to ECU Online Scholarship); and
- Scholarship recipients will receive financial assistance amounting up to 20% reduction off their tuition fees for the duration of their ECU course.
To be eligible for this scholarship you must:
- be a citizen of one of the countries identified above;
- be an international student (not an Australian Citizen, Australian Permanent Resident, or New Zealand Citizen);
- study onshore at ECU Joondalup, ECU Mount Lawley or ECU South West (Bunbury) Campus (some components of your course may be delivered online due to travel restrictions);
- not be in receipt of a government scholarship or industry sponsorship;
- between 1 June 2020 and 31 July 2021, be issued an offer to study an undergraduate degree;
- meet ECU’s entry requirements for the course and commence study in your course during the November 2020 intake or in 2021; and
- study an undergraduate degree excluding:
- C33 – Bachelor of Science (Nursing)
- Y76 – Bachelor of Science (Nursing)/Bachelor of Science (Midwifery)
- K89 – Bachelor of Science (Paramedical)
- Y42 – Bachelor of Education (Early Childhood Studies)
- Y41 – Bachelor of Education (Primary)
- Y68 – Bachelor of Education (Secondary)
Terms and conditions
The following ongoing conditions apply to this scholarship:
- The recipient must continue to meet the eligibility guidelines and these terms and conditions at the time of applying and throughout their course.
- The recipient must be in continuous good standing academically and financially.
- The recipient must maintain a full-time enrolment load of 60 credit points each semester or study period, and not defer their studies for more than one semester or study period during their course, unless expressly approved by ECU in its absolute discretion.
- The scholarship cannot be transferred to another course without ECU’s permission (which may be withheld in ECU’s absolute discretion).
- The scholarship can only be used for tuition fees and cannot be used for any other student expense. The scholarship will be applied directly by ECU on a unit-by-unit basis at the relevant census date.
- The scholarship cannot be transferred to an ECU location or partner outside Western Australia, or to another university.
- The scholarship can be revoked if the recipient does not accept their Letter of Offer or enrol in their course by the relevant date(s) specified.
- Commencement of the scholarship cannot be deferred.
- The recipient must pay their tuition fees within the stipulated payment deadlines. Failure to do so may negate the scholarship and the tuition fee structure may revert to full-fee international tuition.
- The recipient may become ineligible for the ongoing receipt of the scholarship if they receive a government scholarship, industry sponsorship or another ECU scholarship or grant during the term of the scholarship. Ongoing eligibility for the scholarship in these circumstances is at ECU’s absolute discretion.
- The recipient must comply with all applicable requirements under ECU’s statutes, rules, by-laws, policies, procedures or other similar instruments, and with all applicable visa requirements.
- The recipient must notify ECU of any change of circumstances that may affect their ongoing eligibility to receive the scholarship.
All scholarships are awarded at ECU’s discretion. ECU reserves the right to revoke the scholarship at any time if a student is found to have provided information that is false misleading, does not meet the scholarship eligibility criteria (including ECU’s admission requirements), or does not comply with the ongoing scholarship conditions.
ECU reserves the right to decline to award scholarships if, in its opinion, there are no suitable applicants. The number of scholarships to be awarded is at ECU’s sole discretion. This scholarship may be withdrawn from offering by ECU at any time.