6 January 2020.
University College Maastricht (UCM) offers scholarships to five bachelor applicants that are highly motivated and looking for a program that gives the freedom to pursue their own interests. UCM is a Liberal Arts and Sciences Honours College that provides small-scale and personalized bachelor’s education.
At UCM, you will be part of a truly international community, working and socializing with students from more than 50 countries. With the support of committed staff, you can choose from more than 150 different courses in the Humanities, Social Sciences and Sciences to build an academic profile that helps you meet your future goals.
Opportunity Focus Areas:
- Liberal Arts & Sciences Bachelor program.
ALL WORLD COUNTRIES EXCEPT EUROPEAN UNION COUNTRIES.
Through the duration of the Bachelor’s program, with a maximum of 36 months..
- You are accepted into the Liberal Arts & Sciences program of UCM for the September intake.
- You are a highly qualified, low-income student from a non-EU country and do not hold an EU passport.
- You are not a current student at UCM.
The Scholarship Covers:
- Living expenses: € 500 per month.
- Health & liability insurance: At cost (This amount is subject to change for each academic year).
- Visa application costs: € 171 (This amount is subject to change for each academic year).
- Tuition fees: € 10,900 per year.
- Housing: At cost.
First Step: Prepare your documents:
- A recent passport picture: The passport picture must satisfy certain requirements.
- The picture is recent.
- Your head is not covered so no hats.
- Your face is completely visible.
- Your head fills the picture as much as possible.
- The picture is not rotated.
- The sizes is at least 85 x 113 pixels.
- The file format is JPEG or JPG.
- The picture may be in color or black and white.
- A copy of your valid, on 1 September 2020, passport or your EU identity card: Make a copy of the page with your personal details. Save this copy as ‘passport copy’ and not as ‘passport picture’.
- A copy of your most recent list of grades and a copy of your diploma if you have obtained it.
- Letter of motivation: All candidates should write a letter in English of 500-800 words. There is no specific format, however, the letter should include your full name and must answer questions such as:
- Why and what would you like to study at UCM?
- What do you expect of a college education?
- What are your plans after graduating from UCM?
- English Proficiency test results: it is essential that your English language skills are good enough for you to undertake intensive and challenging academic courses that are taught and examined in English.
- Credit transfer: If you have completed courses at a recognized higher education institution after secondary school, you can apply for these credits to be transferred to UCM.
Register for the Bachelor’s program Liberal Arts & Sciences at UCM through the following five steps:
- Check the admission requirements and application deadlines. Click here
- Register via Studielink.
- Upload your documents in MyUM.
- After you have registered in Studielink, you will receive an email from Maastricht University within 24 hours. This email contains your personal student number and a password.
- If you have not graduated yet, you can upload your official lists of grades. You must, however, have graduated prior to starting your studies at UCM.
- Continuation of the admission.
- The Board of Admissions will review and assess your application and will decide whether you are selected for an interview.
- After the interview: Within two to four weeks, the Board of Admissions will inform you on their decision whether to invite you to attend UCM or not.
- Complete your registration: Fulfill all registration criteria.
For the Scholarship you have to upload the following documents in the category ‘Apply for Scholarship’ in MyUM simultaneously.
- A filled out application form. click here
- Official documentation of financial situation, such as recent tax return or a copy of last pay check(s).
Know more about this opportunity:
To learn how to write CV, Essays, Personal statement, and know about recommendation letters click here:
Marj3 recommended links
This Scholarship Published by:
” Nourhan Shahin/ Egypt “
Reviewed by” nourhan ashraf/ Egypt ”
MARJ3 Scholarships team