31st January 2019
The United States of America
The FGL Leadership Training Administered by the National Outdoor Leadership School
Only extremely ambitious, first-year university students from humble backgrounds who have demonstrated high resilience and have achieved academic excellence should apply to the FGL Fellowship. These students must be determined to become powerful global leaders and understand that the magnitude of their impact on the world is directly linked to the amount of power and influence they accumulate.
Upon completion of the program, FGL Fellows are inducted into the Fortis Society – the world’s first private network of diverse leaders committed to one another’s success and to a better world. The goal of the Fortis Society is to connect future leaders – united by their merit, not privilege – by creating a formidable global network through which they will help each other reach the highest levels of success, power, and global influence.
The Fortis Society nurtures a global network of talented young leaders united by their humble backgrounds and who have a strong incentive to help one another succeed. So far, we have supported gifted leaders from 35 nationalities accredited by the world’s leading universities (from Harvard to Peking University).
Opportunity Focus Areas:
- International affairs
- Computer science
ALL WORLD COUNTRIES
For three years
Applicants must be first-year university students and must fit the following eligibility criteria:
- First-Generation or Low-Income University Student – students who do not have a family history of higher education, or who come from a low-income background.
- Track Record of Academic Excellence – throughout high school and during the first months of the current school year.
- Proven Leadership Abilities – through self-started initiatives and ventures, or leadership in their schools or communities.
- The FGL Leadership Expedition is designed for exceptionally courageous future leaders who are willing to expand their physical and mental capabilities.
Attributes of Successful Candidates:
In addition to our eligibility criteria, our Admissions Committee will consider the following qualities:
- Contagious Charisma and Unyielding Strength of Character – two common and essential traits in all leaders.
- Resilience and Guts – demonstrated through having overcome hardship.
- Inexhaustible Global Ambition – along with a realistic strategy, the ability to execute, and the willingness to sacrifice and take risks to achieve extraordinary success.
- A Strong Desire to Join the Fortis Society – upon completion of the 3-year Fellowship.
- Students receive guidance from internationally renowned professionals
- Intensive three-week training to demonstrate leadership spirit
- Funding and supporting training of students abroad
- Professional advice for each student and the tools they may need during the fellowship period
- The ability to access an influential international network represented by the Fortis Society
Second Step: APPLICATIONS are OPEN from NOVEMBER 1st, 2018 to January 31st, 2019.
Note: Important Information
The FGL Fellowship officially starts in early August with a (mandatory) intensive 20-day leadership training focused on a rigorous leadership curriculum and building strong bonds by overcoming extreme physical and mental challenges in the wilderness. Learn more about our summer leadership training.
Know more about this opportunity:
To learn how to write CV, Essays, Personal statement, and know about recommendation letters click here:
Marj3 recommended links
This Scholarship Published by:
” Islam Abo Eissa/ Egypt “
Reviewed by” Shahira Aliwi /syria ”
MARJ3 Scholarships team