23 December, 2019 at Midnight CET time
The Center for Mediterranean Integration-CMI Mediterranean Water Heroes Contest around World Water Day on Water and Migration.
The Center for Mediterranean Integration is launching the third edition of its Mediterranean youth workshop on Water and Migration under the name “Mediterranean Water Heroes” which will offer young water activists from around the Mediterranean the opportunity to showcase their innovative work on water and migration.
Youth has an important role to play in working towards water security and better water awareness. so every year, World Water Day draws the world’s attention to key global water issues. This year World Water Day 2019 will focus on Water and Migration.
CMI believes that the youth are key to securing a more sustainable water future in the region. Youth also has an essential role to play in creating a more inclusive Mediterranean for migrants and refugees. so they want to amplify their voice through World Water Day Depending on Young people innovation in water-related projects and research.
The project must be about one of the following subjects:
- Water Governance and Forced Displacement.
- Climate Change and Forced/Voluntary Migration.
- The Water-Employment-Migration (WEM) Nexus.
- Water and Green Entrepreneurship for Mediterranean Migrant Youth.
English and Arabic.
EGYPT, SYRIA, PALESTINE, JORDAN, LEBANON, TUNISIA, MOROCCO, LIBYA, TURKEY, ALGERIA , CYPRUS
- January 15th: Announcement of the contest results
- March 25-28(TBC),2019 : Participation of the contest winners at CMI World Water Day in Marseille, France
- Young people aged 18 to 35 and working and/or studying the water sector in the Mediterranean.
- Applicants may be working for public institutions, research institutes, start-ups, NGOs, or as freelancers.
- Only completed applications will be taken into consideration. Water-related projects and research will be assessed according to the following criteria:
- Regional relevance and reproducibility
- Innovative value
- Environmental, Social and Economic Impact
- Youth involvement
- Overall quality of the application
The selected contest winners will be offered a speaking role in the different World Water Day 2019 workshop sessions in Marrakech, Morocco as well as:
- Connecting with international water and migration experts and young water professionals: key speaking role during the CMI Water and Migration World Water Day youth workshop in Marrakech, Morocco (25-28 March 2019, dates TBC)
- Visibility: Showcasing your work on the Center for Mediterranean Integration and partners’ websites;
- Media: Featuring your work in a CMI video on water and migration the Mediterranean;
- Mentoring: Peer-to-peer mentoring with other Mediterranean water activists and experts.
Other selected participants will also be invited to participate in the workshop in March 2019.
First Step: Prepare your project idea
- For applicants facing difficulties in filling out the forms in English or Arabic, CMI offer limited language support for other Mediterranean languages. E-mail us at:[email protected] with the subject line: “Language support – youth contest”.
Know more about this opportunity:
To learn how to write CV, Essays, Personal statement, and know about recommendation letters click here:
Marj3 recommended links
This Scholarship Published by:
” Doaa Megahed/ Egypt “
Reviewed by” Reem Khaled/ Egypt “
” Rehab Ali/ Egypt ”
MARJ3 Scholarships team