November 1, 2019.
The 2020 Essay Prize Competition
The Berkeley Undergraduate Prize for Design Excellence endowment was established in the Department of Architecture at the University of California, Berkeley College of Environmental Design to promote the investigation of architecture as a social art. Each year the PRIZE Committee selects a topic important to the understanding of the interaction of people and the built world that becomes the focus of the Essay Competition.
The Committee poses a Question on this website related to the topic. Typically, students enrolled in any accredited undergraduate architecture program or diploma in architecture program throughout the world are invited to submit a 500-word essay proposal in English responding to the Question. This year, architecture students must team up with undergraduates from allied arts and social sciences programs and submit proposals in teams of two.
Find out the essay question from here.
Opportunity Focus Areas:
- landscape architecture.
- Social sciences.
ALL WORLD COUNTRIES.
- September 15, 2019: Launch of 2017 Essay Competition.
- November 1, 2019: (Stage One) 500-word essay proposal due.
- Mid-December, 2019: Essay Semifinalists announced.
- February 1, 2020: (Stage Two) Essay Semifinalists’ 2,500-word essays due.
- February 8, 2020: Launch of Travel Fellowship Competition for Essay Semifinalists.
- Early-March, 2020: Essay Finalists announced.
- March 12, 2020: Travel Fellowship Entries Due.
- Mid-April, 2020: Essay winners and Travel Fellowship winners Announced.
An essay contest in Three stages open to all current full-time registered students in an undergraduate architecture degree program, undergraduates majoring in architecture, or diploma students in accredited schools of architecture worldwide.
- All proposals must be submitted by a two-member team.
- One member of the team must be a current full-time registered student in an undergraduate architecture degree program or an undergraduate majoring in architecture in an accredited school of architecture worldwide.
- The other member of the team must be a current full-time registered student in a non-architecture undergraduate degree program and majoring in that program in an accredited school worldwide.
- Both students names must appear on their proposal and essay and if awarded a prize, the prize is to be equally shared.
- Essays must be submitted in English.
- Both finalists will be required to provide proof of current registration in the form of copies of actual school transcripts.
- You are still eligible to compete if both of you were an undergraduate student on September 15, 2019, but one or both of you graduate before the awards are scheduled to be given.
- There is a total prize of 35,000USD, minimum 9,000USD first prize.
- The remaining purse is to be allocated at the discretion of the Jury.
First Step: Create your own account from here.
Second Step: Verify your account from a verification message sent to your account then log in and complete your account information.
Third Step: Write a 500-word proposal for an essay on this year’s Essay Question, as posted.
Fourth Step: Provide one photograph of each of your chosen projects, It should be:
- at a minimum 500 pixels wide, and in .jpg format.
- taken by one member of the team.
Fifth Step: Submit the essay and photographs online.
Know more about this opportunity:
To learn how to write CV, Essays, Personal statement, and know about recommendation letters click here:
Marj3 recommended links
This Scholarship Published by:
” Hesham Galal / Egypt “
Reviewed by” Eman Morsy\ Egypt ”
MARJ3 Scholarships team