December 31, 2018.
United States of America (USA).
Borlaug Global Research Alliance Fellowships 2019.
The U.S. Department of Agriculture is now accepting applications for the 2019 Borlaug Global Research Alliance Fellowships.The U.S. mentor will later visit the fellow’s home institution to continue collaboration.
The U.S. Department of Agriculture (USDA) selects candidates based on their academic and professional research interests and achievements, level of scientific competence, aptitude for scientific research, leadership potential, likelihood of bringing back new ideas to their home institution.
Opportunity Focus Areas:
- Agricultural productivity.
- Economic development.
- Food security.
- It offers training and collaborative opportunities for agricultural research, international agricultural economics, leadership, and policy to researchers.
EGYPT, & OTHER COUNTRIES ARE FROM AFRICA.
Fellows will work with a mentor at USDA’s Agricultural Research Service or a U.S. university for up to 12 weeks on resilient agricultural research. The U.S. mentor will later visit the fellow’s home institution to continue collaboration.
To be considered for the Borlaug Fellowship Program, candidates must:
- Be citizens of an eligible country.
- Be fluent in English.
- Have completed a Master’s or higher degree.
- Be in the early or middle stage of their career, with at least two (but not more than 10) years of practical experience.
- Be employed by a university, government agency or research entity in their home country.
- Demonstrate their intention to continue working in their home country after completing the fellowship.
Host institutions are responsible for:
- Designating a contact person to coordinate administrative and program arrangements.
- Developing the fellowship curriculum.
- Matching the Fellow with an appropriate mentor.
- Coordinating travel and transportation between home country and host institution.
- Providing lodging and reimbursement for local transportation.
- Providing meal and living allowances.
- Purchasing mandatory emergency health insurance.
First Step: Make an account Here.
Second Step: After you register, you will receive a link by email to activate your account.
Third Step: Candidates must apply via the online application system and the following information will be required:
- Completed application form.
- 2-3 page program proposal and action plan.
- Signed approval from applicant’s home institution.
- Two letters of recommendation.
- Official copy of transcript for college/university degree(s) received.
- Copy of passport identification page.
Know more about this opportunity:
To learn how to write CV, Essays, Personal statement, and know about recommendation letters click here:
Marj3 recommended links
This Scholarship Published by:
” Lubna Albadawi/ Syria “
Reviewed by” Al_Shimaa Abdalla/ Egypt ”
MARJ3 Scholarships team