31 August: If your course starts in September.
30 November: If your course starts in January.
Bournemouth University sport scholarship
The BU Sports Scholarship is available to high-level sporting athletes coming to study at either undergraduate or postgraduate level at BU.
The scholarship is designed to provide the athletes with the funding they need to develop their sporting abilities and take them to the next level.
Number of available scholarships: between 45-50 scholarships.
Opportunity Focus Areas:
- Faculty of Health & Social Sciences
- Faculty of Management
- Faculty of Media & Communication
- Faculty of Science & Technology
ALL WORLD COUNTRIES.
It is depending on whether you are applying for Bachelor or Postgraduate studies.
To be awarded a financial and/or a support services scholarship, you must:
- Any UK/EU or international applicant applying for a full-time undergraduate or postgraduate course delivered at BU.
- Be a high performing sportsperson and have the desire to continue to develop in the sporting arena, as well as academically.
- Be a student at Bournemouth University who has received and accepted an offer of a place on an undergraduate or postgraduate course.
- You must demonstrate excellence in your chosen sport, and be part of a Regional, National and/or International squad and compete at that level.
- You must commit to attending 75% of training sessions
- You should represent BU in sporting competitions were possible to raise the profile of Sport BU’s activities and to be featured in marketing materials.
- As part of your application for a BU Sports Scholarship, you will have to attend our trial process and be assessed by our coach.
- Commit to continue to develop in the sporting arena in all aspects of Technical, Tactical, Physical, Mental and Lifestyle of your sport and to engage fully with our support programmes.
- Ensure your application is supported by an online reference from a High Performance Coach or National Governing Body coach.
- You can apply for up to £5,000 of funding and put this money towards coaching, equipment, competition entry fees, travel expenses or/or support services.
Fill the online application from here.
During the filling process of the online application, you will need to answer questions about your plans for the future and evidence of current involvement in sporting activities, as the following:
- Your long term performance goals/aims.
- Your forthcoming development goals/aims.
- Your season’s goals/aims.
- Your sporting achievements over the last four years, including highest achievement and current grade and/or handicap and/or ranking.
- Any sporting commitments you wish to continue whilst at Bournemouth University.
- Why do you feel this scholarship should be given to you?
You will need to email a sporting and head shot photo to [email protected].
If you have any queries, require assistance in completing this form or need to provide supporting documentation with this form, please contact Martin Wells at [email protected] or call +44 (0)1202 965883.
Know more about this opportunity:
To learn how to write CV, Essays, Personal statement, and know about recommendation letters click here:
Marj3 recommended links
This Scholarship Published by:
” Mona Awad / Egypt “
Reviewed by” Lubna Albadawi/ Syria ”
MARJ3 Scholarships team