15 November 2017
BP Egypt is proud to announce the annual BP Egypt Cambridge Scholarship. BP Egypt, in collaboration with Cambridge Commonwealth, European and International Trust offers a number of scholarships annually to Egyptian university graduate of outstanding academic merit to pursue a one-year Master’s degree at the Prestigious University of Cambridge in the UK
One-year Master degree
Eligibility Requirements (Criteria)
Eligibility Requirements (Criteria)
- Applicants must show evidence of excellent academic achievement. They should have a first class or high second-class honours degree, or its equivalent, from a recognized university, supported by certificates of graduation and letters of recommendations from professors at their current or previous university
- Applicants must gain admission to the University of Cambridge in the normal way to be considered for these awards.
- Applicants who are not native speakers of English are required by the University to provide the results of an English language test and to meet the minimum standard of proficiency required for admission to Cambridge
- Decisions on awards will be taken during the summer months (June to August) prior to the October date that the candidate intends to start their studies. A shortlist of eligible candidates will be drawn up and BP Egypt will interview these candidates in Egypt and select the BP Cambridge Scholars from those interviewed.
- Successful candidates must sign with BP Egypt, before their departure to Cambridge, an enrollment agreement whereby they will agree to return back, domicile and work in Egypt after their graduation from the University of Cambridge for double the period they studied at the University of Cambridge.
- BP holds the right to apply exceptions to the above conditions as the company sees appropriate.
** University Composition Fee
The scholarship will cover the University Composition Fee at the appropriate rate.
A maintenance allowance enough for a single student is paid in three or four equal
instalments each term (October, January, April and July). For the academic year 2017-2018,
the maintenance allowance is currently £14,553 for twelve months and is pro-rated for
courses shorter than 12 months. The rate for 2018-19 has not yet been set. The maintenance
allowance is expected to cover accommodation and meal costs.
The award does not cover the costs of dependents. Students are required to provide a
separate financial guarantee for support of their dependents if they want to take any
dependents with them. You can find out the level of guarantee required for dependents by
using the financial commitment calculator to know more click here
A contribution to an airfare from Egypt to the UK of about £300 is paid upon arrival and a
contribution towards the cost of an airfare from the UK to Egypt via the most economical
a route is paid upon departure at the end of the scholarship
How to Apply
How to Apply
- Research your prospective course, its requirements, deadlines Cilck Here
- Make sure you are clear on the separate Cilck Here
- Check that you have the relevant required click here (eg transcripts, CV etc) in pdf format ready to upload.
- For your academic reference click here , you should ensure you have their consent before you apply and have the correct email address for each (preferably an institutional email address). Applicants can request references before the submission of their application and should do so as early as possible.
- You should have a choice of up to two Colleges to consider your application.
- You will need to submit a separate application, with separate supporting documents, for each course you wish to apply for.
- All applicants for BP Egypt Cambridge Scholarships and funding from the Cambridge Trust should complete the funding section of the Applicant Portal by ticking the box ‘I wish to be considered for funding’. Only after a conditional offer from the University has been made can a student be considered for a scholarship.
- By submitting one online application form per course applied for, candidates will, where eligible, be considered for:
- Admission to a course of graduate study or research by the university
- Admission to a college by one or more of the Cambridge colleges
- Funding offered by the Cambridge click here
- There is an application charge of (GBP sterling) £50 per application. The Graduate School of Life Sciences has a scheme which enables three applications to be made with payment of a single £50 application fee.
Know more about this opportunity:
Marj3 recommended links
To learn how to write CV, Essays, Personal statement, and know about recommendation letters click here:Marj3 recommended links
You can Now have consultancy about Scholarships for 1 hour online with consultant who has experience and got Scholarships and you can learn from him
Topics: *Finding & Applying for Scholarships, *Personal Statement & Essay Writing, *CV Writing
(Available for Egypt now and will be available for the All Mena region countries Soon)
This Scholarship Published by:
Reviewed by”Marwa Tawfik/Egypt”
MARJ3 Scholarships team
Put the Facebook post here