30 April, 2019
United Arab Emirates
The Buhooth Scholarship Program
The Buhooth Scholarship Program is an ambitious initiative that aims to achieve the vision of His Highness Sheikh Mohammed Bin Zayed Al Nahyan, Crown Prince of Abu Dhabi and Deputy Supreme Commander of the UAE Armed Forces, to transform the UAE into a center of excellence in engineering and science research. The initiative offers Master’s and Doctorate scholarships to UAE Nationals with the aim of promoting graduate studies and research, as well as developing specialized human capital in the areas of science and engineering for the benefit of national institutions.
1) UAE-Based Buhooth
This scholarship will provide an opportunity for applicants to pursue Master’s and Doctorate degree studies at Khalifa University of Science and Technology.
- The scholarship will be open for selected majors only, as determined by Khalifa University of Science and Technology.
- Under the conditions of the scholarship, an applicant holding a Bachelor’s degree must sign a contract committing to completing their Master’s degree at Khalifa University of Science and Technology.
- Under the conditions of the scholarship, an applicant holding a Master’s degree must sign a contract committing to complete their Doctorate degree at Khalifa University of Science and Technology.
- The indicative monthly stipend for UAE-based Buhooth Scholarship is as follows (subject to change):
During MSc: Single AED 30,000 Married AED 33,000
During PhD: Single AED 36,000 Married AED 39,000
2) International Buhooth
This scholarship aims to provide an opportunity for applicants to pursue Master’s and Doctorate degree studies at top international universities.
- The scholarship is open for selected majors only, as determined by Khalifa University of Science and Technology.
- The scholarship is highly competitive and will only be offered to a limited number of successful applicants each year.
- An applicant holding a Bachelor’s degree will sign a contract committing to complete both their Master’s and Doctorate degrees at the selected institution and then must accept employment in a suitable post for a defined period of time, which must be at least equal to the length of time of the study period.
- An applicant holding a Master’s degree will sign a contract committing to complete their Doctorate studies at the selected institution and then accept employment in a suitable post for a period of time which is at least equal to the study period.
- The stipend amount includes an additional allowance to UAE Nationals living outside the UAE.
- Recipients of this scholarship are placed on an “employment contract” and therefore are registered on the Abu Dhabi Retirement Pensions and Benefits Fund during the period of study and the period of employment that is included as part of the scholarship criteria.
- International Buhooth scholarship recipients will receive medical insurance for themselves, their spouse and eligible dependents.
- Recipients of this scholarship are eligible for yearly round trip airline tickets for themselves, their spouse and eligible dependents.
according to the program.
- Applicants must be UAE Nationals.
- Applicants must satisfy the admission requirements of the academic program that they are applying to. Please note that admission is highly competitive and meeting the minimum requirements does not guarantee entry into the program.
- In order to be considered for the International Buhooth Scholarship, applicants must have excellent credentials and provide a letter of offer from a top-ranked international institution. The letter should be submitted at the time of application to Khalifa University.
- Monthly stipend
- Full coverage of tuition fees
- Support to attend international research conferences
- Opportunity to visit international research centers
First Step: Please refer to the Graduate Admissions webpage for details on how to apply to Khalifa University of Science and Technology. Applicants are automatically considered for a graduate scholarship, if applicable. No additional scholarship application is required. The recipients will be confirmed at the conclusion of the admission process.
Know more about this opportunity:
To learn how to write CV, Essays, Personal statement, and know about recommendation letters click here:
Marj3 recommended links
This Scholarship Published by:
” Aya Emam/ Egypt “
Reviewed by” Lubna Albadawi/ Syria ”
MARJ3 Scholarships team