23 March, 2020 (11:59PM)
Canada, North America
York University’s Faculty of Science eagerly awaits applications for its prestigious York Science Scholars Award (YSSA) program. In keeping with our vision of preparing global thinkers to advance knowledge and human progress, the Science Scholars program nurtures the intellectual and career development of high-achieving, passionate science students entering our Faculty.
The 2020 York Science Scholars program provides up to 25 first-year entering students with awards worth $10,000 each. This Faculty of Science award is considered separately and in addition to any other York University or Faculty of Science admissions awards and scholarships.
Opportunity Focus Areas:
- Environmental Studies
- Liberal Arts & Professional Studies
- Performance & Design
ALL WORLD COUNTRIES
3 years based on grade point average and course load requirements.
Applications are assessed holistically with a number of factors considered. The quality of applicants is high and competitive applicants tend to have:
1- Many high school applicants are admitted and offered entrance scholarships based on mid-year or “in-progress” results when their admission average is at or above 80%. All Entrance Scholarship amounts and eligibility are confirmed/finalized based on final grades.
2- competitive scores are: ( YELT: band 1, TOEFL: iBT 100, IELTS: 7.5).
3- passion for science.
4- community service experiences and a desire to make a difference for their communities.
5- demonstrated leadership skills.
6- demonstrated involvement in activities beyond academics.
York Science Scholars will receive a $10,000 entrance scholarship which will be awarded in two parts:(The first as an entrance scholarship and the second part once the experiential component is successfully completed):
- The first $5,000 will be awarded upon full-time enrolment to York University’s Faculty of Science.
- The second part is linked to the 12-week experiential component of the YSSA program (research placement or mentorship experience), overseen by a Faculty of Science professor during the summer following the recipient’s first year of study. Recipients must achieve a B+ average during the first year of study in order to be eligible for the experiential component. The receipt of the second $5,000 part of the scholarship is contingent upon successful completion of the experiential component and upon enrolment in the following term of study.
Please submit YSSA applications directly to the Faculty of Science either digitally or in hard copy:
1) Complete the application form: you can fill out the application form through our online portal or if you are submitting your application through hard copy, you can complete the form on your computer and then print it.
2) Write your personal statements: PERSONAL STATEMENT GUIDELINES AND TOPICS
3) Find at least two references, only one can be a teacher : Choose references who know you well in a professional or academic setting and can write in regards to your character and qualities.
4) Prepare your resume: (It includes all paid employment, volunteer experience and any involvement in clubs and activities).
5) Submit your application.
1- Digital submission:
Please submit your application click “apply now”
2- Hard Copy submission:
Please submit a hard copy of your application to: York Science Scholars Award Faculty of Science, York University
352 Lumbers Building, 4700 Keele St.
Toronto, ON M3J 1P3
Know more about this opportunity:
To learn how to write CV, Essays, Personal statement, and know about recommendation letters click here:
Marj3 recommended links
This Scholarship Published by:
” Rahma Sabry/ Egypt “
Reviewed by” Ahmed Tarek/ Egypt ”
MARJ3 Scholarships team