10 September 2018
Cartoon Network Africa Creative Lab
Cartoon Network Africa has announced the launch of a new initiative, Cartoon Network Africa Creative Lab. If you are an African who loves kids and animation, enter the Cartoon Network competition now to produce an animated short film.
- Project: Cartoon Network’s next short animated film (1-3 minutes).
- Target:6-12 years old-core target: boys 7-10.
- Language: English or non-dialogues.
- Genre: Comedy.
- Goal: Make African kids laugh out loud!
What makes an outstanding project is:
- Fresh new style.
- All kinds of humour- craziness, randomness, absurdity included!
- Comedy driven by engaging characters and unexpected stories.
- Positive values such as kids spirit, diversity, non-violence, and never-ending imagination.
- Unique graphism based on any animation techniques (2D, 3D, stop motion, mixing real footage…).
Opportunity Focus Areas:
- Video editing.
- Graphic design.
- Short Film Production.
- Story Telling.
EGYPT, TUNISIA, ALGERIA, MOROCCO, SUDAN, LIBYA, SOMALIA, DJIBOUTI, MAURITANIA, COMOROS.
The commencement date of the Competition is 00:01 on 07 June 2018 (“Commencement Date”) and the closing date for the promotion is 23:59 on 10 September 2018 (“Closing Date”).
Entries made outside the Commencement Date and Closing Date will not be valid.
- Be an African creator, writer or graphist.
- Be a students from an African animation school.
- Be an African residents aged 18+ OR an African-based company.
- Be 18 years of age or older.
- Submit an animated short concept presentation that includes: A written concept, a heroes’ description, storyline and/or synopsis,graphic intention.
The Panel shall send the Animated Short Form Project of each Finalist to Turner, and Turner shall select one winner (“Main Winner”) and two runners up (each a “Runner Up”).
Each Winner shall win:
- One trip to Johannesburg, South Africa (all costs are covered).
- The chance to enter into the development process of a pilot based on his concept to be determined by Turner in its absolute discretion.
The Main Winner shall be granted with the Cartoon Network Africa Creative Lab award.
Know more about the selection process, the competition’s Terms and Conditions and detailed prize from here.
Step One: Read the Editorial Guidelines to check your eligibility.
Step Two: Fill out the terms and conditions and contest form.
Step Three: The Animated Short Form Project shall be submitted via a shared Dropbox link sent to the following email address: [email protected] and shall be accompanied by the following materials:
- One concept presentation which shall include, but not limited to:
– Concept presentation: pitch, heroes description, storyline(s).
– a graphic description of the Animated Short Form Project.
- The completed consent form, downloadable from the Website.
- Indication of the participant’s name, surname, email address, telephone number, age and country of residence.
Know more about this opportunity:
To learn how to write CV, Essays, Personal statement, and know about recommendation letters click here:
Marj3 recommended links
This Scholarship Published by:
” Nermine Nejima/ Tunisa “
Reviewed by” Mayar Abdalla/ The Netherlands”
MARJ3 Scholarships team