10 February 2019
CeNS International call for PhD students and Postdocs 2019
CeNS are looking for highly motivated doctoral and postdoctoral candidates who are interested in multidisciplinary research and want to join our collaborative network of nanoscientists in Munich University.
- All positions offer excellent research and training conditions within the stimulating scientific environment of the Center for NanoScience.
- Applications by researchers with handicap will be considered with priority under equal conditions.
- CeNS welcome applications from female candidates.
- These are full-time positions. The possibility of part-time and flexible working hours will be considered.
- To do your PhD you have to be enrolled at the university for at least two semesters.
- To make you familiar with the German language and culture, you can attend a German course at the LMU.
- A large variety of workshops, courses etc. will be offered during your PhD.
- After successfully finishing your PhD you will be carrying the title Dr. rer. nat.
PhD and postdoc projects:
- PhD position (Single Molecule Study of Chaperone Function)
- PhD position (Unraveling the Mechano-Regulation of Von Willebrand Factor)
- PhD and Postdoc position (Emergence of Replication on early Earth)
- Postdoc position (Single Molecule Mechanics of Cell Adhesion)
Physics of nanomaterials:
- PhD position (Self-assembled light harvesting devices)
- PhD position (Halide Perovskite Nanocrystal-Based LEDs and Lasing)
- PhD/Postdoc position (Perovskites and x-ray diffraction)
- Postdoc position (Custom-tailored photonic crystals)
- Postdoc position (Organic photocells)
Opportunity Focus Areas:
- Life sciences
For more information about The Opportunity here
ALL WORLD COUNTRIES.
Maximum 4 Years.
- Holding a Bachelor Degree or equivalent in either the field of physics, chemistry or life sciences.
- Preparing for a Master’s degree in one of the above named fields to be completed no later than two months before the start of the project OR hold a master’s degree or equivalent.
- Excellent grades.
- A very good command of the English language.
- Strong scientific motivation.
- High interest in interdisciplinary research.
- For postdoc positions: Holding or preparing for a PhD or Dr. rer. nat. in a related subject.
- For postdoc positions: High-quality publications.
- Doctoral and postdoctoral candidates will be fully funded by the individual research groups with a monthly Salary (Doctoral students €2,750, Postdocs €3,650).
- Paid vacation is 30 days per year. In addition, there are 12 official holidays in Bavaria (christmas, Easter, labor day, etc.).
- There are no tuition fees at LMU Munich. For each semester you will have to pay a student fee of €62 plus a fee for the public transportation system of about €67.
- Health Insurance is obligatory and will automatically be deducted from the wage. CeNS will assist you with finding a suitable health insurance.
For more information about Opportunity Cost here
First Step: Apply online.
Second Step: Fill out the following sections:
- Personal information “CV“.
- Bachelor’s and master’s transcripts and certificates.
- Additional Qualifications.
- Proof that you are proficient in English.
- You have to select one PhD or postdoc project that you are most interested in. You can also select a second, alternative project.
- Two letters of recommendation are required. The online application tool will generate an e-mail request to your referees. They will be asked to follow a link in the e-mail and to fill in the evaluation form online. Please note that recommendation letters have to be submitted by 13 February 2019.
Note: All documents that you are asked to upload (such as certificates and transcripts of records) have to be encrypted PDF files or .jpg files.
Know more about this opportunity:
To learn how to write CV, Essays, Personal statement, and know about recommendation letters click here:
Marj3 recommended links
This Scholarship Published by:
” Ahmad Badr/ Egypt “
Reviewed by” Doha Elamin/ Egypt ”
MARJ3 Scholarships team