1 October 2018
Small Scale Local Projects 2019
Small Scale Local Projects are instruments of bilateral development cooperation of the Czech Republic under the auspices of the Ministry of Foreign Affairs of the Czech Republic. Through the SSLPs, the Czech Republic supports small scale development projects carried out directly by local stakeholders in cooperation with Embassies of the Czech Republic.
100 projects with total value of 31 million CZK were implemented in 54 countries in 2017.
Opportunity Focus Areas:
The development projects should focus on priority areas set by the Development Cooperation Strategy of the Czech Republic 2018 – 2030:
- Good democratic governance (peace, justice and strong institutions).
- Sustainable management of natural resources (water and sanitation, climate change).
- Economic transformation and growth (capacity building in industry, employment).
- Agriculture and rural development.
- Inclusive social development (healthcare, education and social inclusion).
The project must be implemented between the date of the contract’s signing (approx. March 2019) and 31st October 2019. Due to the fact that it is necessary to finish all the related paperwork and inspection/monitoring of project results, it is recommended that all project activities are finished by 15th October 2019 at the latest.
Local entity registered and having legal personality in Lebanon:
- local non-governmental non-profit organization.
- Communities and cooperatives.
- Educational, healthcare, social or cultural institutions.
- Local civil society organizations.
- Municipal, regional or national government institutions or agencies, etc.
Other entities, such as international, intergovernmental, multilateral and regional organizations, can be eligible for a contribution, provided that they are working with local partners and on local projects. An individual can not apply for funding.
- Each organization may apply for a funding of several projects, but only one project of the applicant may selected.
- Successful applicants will sign the contract for implementation of the project with the Embassy of the Czech Republic in Beirut. The contract amongst others specifies the deadline for submission of the final report, photographic documentation and all relevant financial documents to the Embassy of the Czech Republic in Beirut.
- All projects should be in accordance with the national development strategy and promote gender equality and respect for the environment. The SSLPs should also contribute to increasing the visibility of the Czech Republic in Lebanon.
- Funding provided by the Czech Republic for each project ranges between 200 000 CZK (approx. 9 000 USD) to maximum limit 500 000 CZK (approx. 22 000 USD).
- Co-funding from the applicant or other sources is welcomed and recommended. Overhead costs are to be borne by the applicant.
- Total sum of personal and travel costs, incl. wages, per diems, insurance, vaccination and alike, must not exceed 25% of total SSLP budget.
Bear in mind that currency fluctuations need to be taken into account. Funding awarded for each SSLP will be specified CZK, and the approved CZK amount is final and cannot be changed. It is necessary to take this into account during project and budget planning.
First Step: Completed Identification Form (Here).
Second Step: Copy of the document proving the applicant’s legal status (e. g. founding charter, license).
Third Step: Copy of the authorization of the signed person to act on the applicant’s behalf.
Fourth Step: Sent your applications to the Embassy of the Czech Republic in Beirut both in electronic form and paper form no later than Monday 1st October 2018.
- All the documents must be submitted in Czech or English language or need to be translated into English.
- The electronic form must be sent to the address [email protected] The filled out Identification Form needs to be attached in 2 forms:
1) PDF file – scan of filled out Identification Form complete with stamp and signature.
2) Excel file – the editable filled out Identification Form.
- The paper form needs to be delivered to the Embassy of the Czech Republic in Beirut, P. O. Box 40 195, Baabda, 21007, Mount Lebanon, Republic of Lebanon.
- Only complete applications submitted in this form and in line with these instructions will be admitted for evaluation.
- For advice or assistance please contact Ms. Ghada Barakat, Economic Diplomacy Assistant. All questions should be sent by e-mail to [email protected] and in copy to [email protected] Subject of the message should contain words “MLP 2019”.
Know more about this opportunity:
To learn how to write CV, Essays, Personal statement, and know about recommendation letters click here:
Marj3 recommended links
This Scholarship Published by:
” Salma El-Noby/ Egypt“
Reviewed by” Esraa Abdullzaher/ Egypt ”
MARJ3 Scholarships team