16 November 2018
First & Second stage (Online)
Third stage (at a venue to be confirmed.)
Airbus Fly Your Ideas 2019 Competition
Airbus Fly Your Ideas is a global competition, designed by Airbus in partnership with UNESCO, which challenges students worldwide to innovate for the future of aerospace.
Don’t miss your chance to join the Airbus Fly Your Ideas adventure! Join students from around the world who have registered to take part in the 2019 edition. Form your team, select your challenge and submit your idea by 16 November 2018.
This is a fast-moving and exciting time for aerospace and Fly Your Ideas is a unique opportunity for students worldwide to activate their pioneering spirit and innovate for the future. With support from Airbus employees from across the company, the competition encourages students to think big, be bold and help transform the world of aerospace.
The 2019 competition is focused on using the latest digital technologies to create smart solutions for a safer, cleaner and better-connected world.
Since 2008, over 20,000 students have registered for Fly Your Ideas from over 650 universities and 100 countries worldwide, with more than 400 Airbus employees volunteering their time to support the competition.
The competition involves three progressively competitive and challenging rounds concluding with a live final. Up to 6 finalist teams will present their ideas to a Jury of Airbus and industry experts for a chance to win a share of the €45,000 prize fund to take their idea forward within the industry.
Competition Requirements, Evaluation and Selection of Prize Winners
- Each team will be required to submit the following (hereafter collectively referred to as ‘submission’):
Round 1 – Proposal (online questionnaire and simple visualisation).
Round 2 – Project (video / prototype or visualisation / supporting report).
Round 3/Final – Presentation of an advanced prototype or visualisation.
- Final requirements for each round will be published in a brief provided to the Team Leader for each round in which their team is involved, on or before the start date of that round.The brief will contain details of the requirements for that round, including format, content and evaluation criteria. In the case of doubt this brief will be considered the final requirement for that round.
- Rounds 1 and 2 will be assessed by Airbus staff and / or industry experts (the Specialists). The Specialists’ decision will be based on the criteria set out in the briefing pack sent at the start of that round. The Specialists’ decision on which teams should progress to the next stage will be final and no correspondence will be entered into on that matter.
- Round 3 will be assessed by Airbus staff and / or industry experts (the Jury). The Jury will select a winning and runner up team following a live presentation at a venue to be confirmed. The Jury’s decision will be based on the criteria set out in the Round 3 briefing pack. The Jury’s decision will be final and no correspondence will be entered into on that matter.
- Airbus will organise and pay for all hotel/accommodation/meal and travel expenses for the teams (including Academic Mentor) invited to participate in the final.
- Essential ‘out-of-pocket’ travel (e.g. taxis) expenses incurred by these participants will be reimbursed upon presentation of relevant receipts. Other personal expenses incurred will not be reimbursed.
Opportunity Focus Areas:
- Data services
- Cyber security
- Internet of things
- Artificial intelligence
- Mixed reality
ALL WORLD COUNTRIES
Registration: 05 June 2018, ends 16 November 2018, 12:00 CET
Round 1: 10 September 2018, ends 16 November 2018, 12:00 CET
Round 2: 13 December 2018, ends 11 March 2019
Round 3: March/April 2019, ends May / June 2019
Final presentations & awards ceremony: May/June 2019 – date and venue to be confirmed
Who Can Participate?
- Airbus Fly Your Ideas is a worldwide competition for students of all disciplines, who will, until 30 April 2019, be studying a Bachelors, Masters or PhD -level qualification, or the local equivalent, at a recognised degree awarding institution, such as a University, Grande Ecole, College or Fachochschule, hereafter referred to as “University”, on a full-time or part-time basis.
- Employees of Airbus, or their agents are not allowed to enter the Competition.
- Students currently involved in an internship, apprenticeship or summer placement with Airbus are not eligible to take part in the Competition unless their contract ends before the end of the competition registration period and they notify the Promoter by email at [email protected].
- Students who start working for Airbus while participating in the Competition must withdraw from the Competition.
- Immediate family members (immediate family members include: spouse; parents and grandparents; children and grandchildren; brothers and sisters; mother-in-law and father-in-law; brothers-in-law and sisters-in-law; daughters-in-law and sons-in-law; adopted, half, and step members are also included) of Airbus employees are allowed to enter the Competition, but must declare, when requested, the name of said employee. Failure to do so will invalidate their registration, and will lead to disqualification from the Competition at this, or any later stage.
- An individual who registers for and participates in the Competition as an individual or team or Academic Mentor, or is nominated as a student ambassador for Fly Your Ideas, cannot under any circumstances be considered as having a contractual employment relationship with Airbus and its affiliates, and for the avoidance of all doubt, cannot be considered as a salaried employee.
- Winning team to receive €25,000
- Runner-up team to receive €10,000
- Remaining finalist teams to receive an equal share of remaining €10,000
- Each team prize should be equally divided between correctly registered team members.
- Each team and/or team member will be wholly responsible for the payment of any tax, contribution or amount of any kind due (if any) in respect of the award of a prize under the Competition.
- The Promoter reserves the right to award additional ‘discretionary’ prizes during or at the end of the Competition.
First Step: Login to the registration form from here.
Second Step: Fill the form and press “Register now”.
Know more about this opportunity:
To learn how to write CV, Essays, Personal statement, and know about recommendation letters click here:
Marj3 recommended links
This Scholarship Published by:
” Hussein Ahmed / Egypt “
Reviewed by”Basant Hatem/ Egypt “
and “Hager Abosedaira/ Egypt”
MARJ3 Scholarships team