1 November 2018.
Nico van Wingen Memorial Graduate Fellowship
The Nico van Wingen Memorial Graduate Fellowship in petroleum engineering is supported by the SPE Foundation. All award recipients are nominated by the SPE Student Chapter Faculty Advisor or Department Chair. Up to two awards are given in the amount of USD 5,000 each per year, for up to four years.
Nico van Wingen was a graduate of the California Institute of Technology, and earned an MS degree in petroleum engineering from the University of California and a DSc degree from Adamson University in Manila.
Mr. van Wingen worked as an evaluation engineer, consultant and then as a professor of petroleum engineering at the University of Oklahoma and the University of Southern California. Mr. van Wingen played a major role in the development of oil production technology in the US, Austria, Canada, West Germany, Iran, Turkey and Venezuela. He was active on many SPE committees and won the Anthony F. Lucas Gold Medal and SPE Distinguished Member award in 1985.
Opportunity Focus Areas:
- Petroleum Engineering.
ALL WORLD COUNTRIES.
Per year, For up to four years.
- Must be an SPE member at an official student chapter.
- Must be at the Ph.D. level.
- Must intend to pursue a career in academia.
- If awarded, recipients must submit annual confirmation from advisor showing progress and a justification for renewal.
- Comply with sanction policy.
- Up to two awards are given in the amount of USD 5,000 each per year, for up to four years.
First Step: SPE Student Chapter Faculty Advisor or Department Chair must:
- Submit your nomination by filling out the online nomination form.
- First: Sign Up.
- Second: Press “Create or Edit Nomination”.
- Third: Fill in the online nomination form.
- After completing the nomination form, you will receive an electronic confirmation. Your nominee will be contacted by email with a link to complete an online application.
The nominee must:
- Use the link provided in the email to complete and submit the online application.
- Gather, scan and upload official transcripts for all institutions attended.
- two letters of recommendation.
- a resume.
If you have any questions please contact: [email protected]
Know more about this opportunity:
To learn how to write CV, Essays, Personal statement, and know about recommendation letters click here:
Marj3 recommended links
This Scholarship Published by:
” Hussein Ahmed/ Egypt “
Reviewed by”Alyaa Abdelraouf/ Egypt”
MARJ3 Scholarships team