20 December 2018
International Schools Essay Competition by Trust for Sustainable Living
The Trust for Sustainable Living is pleased to invite schoolchildren around the world to share their unique perspectives on the role young people can play in achieving UN Sustainable Development Goal #15 (UN SDG #15) – to conserve and sustainably manage life on land.
The essay competition is aimed at primary students and secondary students, supported by Teacher Champions, parents and schools.
All students and Teacher Champions who participate in the essay competition are warmly invited to attend the 2019 International Schools Debates in British Columbia, Canada (8-12 July, 2019).
Opportunity Focus Areas:
- life on Land
ALL WORLD COUNTRIES
Registration opens for Teacher Champions/Schools to participate in the TSL 2019 Essay Competition.
Deadline for submission of essays (and Schools Sustainability Challenge videos).
Announcement of essay competition awardees – Finalists (Top 10%) and Honourable Mentions (Top 33%).
Registration deadline to attend the 2019 Schools Debates (registration is compulsory for all attendees).
All students and teachers who submit an essay (or Schools Sustainability Challenge video) are welcome to attend.
International Schools Debates & Awards, Victoria and Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada.
- UN SDG #15 challenges countries to conserve and sustainably manage Life on Land, as part of wider efforts across all countries to protect Earth as a whole.
- TSL is pleased to invite children around the world to share their unique views and visions on how young people can help achieve SDG #15 (Life on Land).
- Children are strongly encouraged to share their own experiences (good or bad, local or national) in order to help bring their essays alive and support a meaningful international dialogue. Students could either approach the topic by considering Life on Land broadly, or focus more on one aspect of the topic – for example managing forests sustainably or stopping biodiversity loss.
- Each student is invited to submit one essay in English, entitled:
- Primary students (ages 7-11; max. 400 words): Young people are key to achieving SDG #15 (Life on Land).
- Secondary students (ages 11-17; max. 600 words): Young people are key to achieving SDG #15 (Life on Land).
- The essays are judged for originality and creativity in all formats, and the potential to contribute to a constructive international debate.
- Unique and well-argued perspectives score highly. Please refrain from copying and pasting non-original material.
- An international judging panel of sustainability experts and educationalists will select the winning entries for each age category.
- Every year, one overall Grand Prize winner (plus Teacher Champion and parent) wins a free trip to the TSL International Schools Debates & Awards. The 2019 debates will take place in Victoria and Vancouver, Canada, kindly hosted by the government of British Columbia.
- The writers of the top ten essays in each school category (Primary or Secondary) receive medals and all Finalists, Honourable Mentions and Debate Attendees receive personalised certificates.
First Step: Log in to the registration page from here.
Second Step: Press Register now to make a new account and enter Username & Password and press Login if you have an account.
Third Step: Fill the registration form
Know more about this opportunity:
To learn how to write CV, Essays, Personal statement, and know about recommendation letters click here:
Marj3 recommended links
This Scholarship Published by:
” Hussein Ahmed/ Egypt “
Reviewed by” Basant Hatem/ Egypt “
and “Hager Abosedaira/ Egypt”
MARJ3 Scholarships team