31 March 2019
Chinese Government – Chinese University Program (CUP) in HUST, 2019
Chinese University Program is a full scholarship established by Ministry of Education to support Chinese universities to enroll outstanding international students for postgraduate studies in China.
The Huazhong University of Science & Technology (HUST) is one of the Top 10 universities in China and Known as China’s MIT. Gained the most rapid development among China universities within 60years’ development and has been hailed as “The epitome of the development of China’s higher education”.
Opportunity Focus Areas:
Science & Engineering
- Mechanical Science and Engineering
- Optical and Electronic Information
- Electronics and Information Engineering
- Chemistry and Chemical Engineering
- Clean and Renewable Energy
- Materials Science and Engineering
- Architecture and Urban Planning
- Engineering Science
- Life Science and Technology
- Energy and Power Engineering
- Computer Science and Technology
- Electrical and Electronic Engineering
- Naval Architecture and Ocean Engineering
- Hydropower and Information Engineering
- Software Engineering
- Environmental Science and Engineering
- Civil Engineering and Mechanics
- Mathematics and Statistics
Art & Humanities-Management
- Foreign Languages
- Public Administration
- Law School
- Journalism and Information Communication
- Basic Medicine
- Medicine and Health Management
- Public Health
- Family Planning Research
- Forensic Medicine
English or Chinese.
- Students can register for either Chinese-taught program or English-taught program if applicable.
EGYPT, SYRIA, IRAQ, PALESTINE, JORDAN, LEBANON, TUNISIA, ALGERIA, MOROCCO, SUDAN, LIBYA, SAUDI ARABIA, EMIRATES, KUWAIT, QATAR, BAHRAIN, OMAN, YEMEN, SOMALIA, DJIBOUTI, MAURITANIA, TURKEY, IRAN, CYPRUS, COMOROS, & OTHER COUNTRIES ARE NOT FROM THE MIDDLE EAST AND NORTH AFRICA.
2 – 4 years.
- Be a citizen of a country other than P. R. China, and be in good health.
- Be a bachelor’s degree holder under the age of 35 when applying for master’s programs.
- Be a master’s degree holder under the age of 40 when applying for doctoral programs.
- Has a GPA over 2.8/4 or 3.5/5 or 70/100.
- English-medium Programs: Good command of English. Applicants with good marks on TOEFL, GRE, IELTS or other official recognized test and proficiency certificate are preferred.
- Chinese-medium Programs: HSK 4 for Science, Engineering and Medicine. HSK 5 for Economics, Management, Literature, Philosophy, Education and Law. Or it would take one extra year for the Chinese Lanuage Pre-sessional Course.
The scholarship covers:
- Tuition waiver.
- Medical insurance.
- The application fee 600RMB/ 100USD.
- Application fee is non-refundable.
First Step: Complete the online application procedure at CSC Online Application System for International Students, submit online and click “print the application form” for the next step (The Program Category is B, and the Agency No. is 10487).
Second Step: Complete the online application procedure in HUST, choose “I am applying for scholarship at HUST” and submit the documents required as follows:
- Application Form for Chinese Government Scholarship (downloaded from Step 1)
- Highest diploma
- Academic transcripts
- A Study Plan or Research Proposal (in Chinese or English)
- Two Recommendation Letters signed by professor/associate professor (in Chinese or English)
- Passport (if available)
- CV (including publication list if available)
- Valid Language Proficiency Certificate (if available)
- Acceptance Letter from the professor/associate professor of HUST (if available)
- Foreigner Physical Examination Form, not required for applicants in China.
Third Step: Upon receipt of the system notification, please pay the application fee. For the other payment methods, please refer to here.
- Academic documents in languages other than Chinese or English must be attached with notarized Chinese or English translations.
- The graduate students in 2019 may submit official document issued by the current school to prove your current student status or expected graduation date.
- The physical examinations must cover all of the items listed in the Foreigner Physical Examination Form. Incomplete forms or forms without the signature of the attending physician, or the official stamp of the hospital would be considered as invalid. Please carefully plan your physical examination schedule as the result is valid for only 6 months.
- If you have paid the fee through bank transfers, please send the receipt to [email protected] for updating your online payment status (Mail Subject: Receipt+Application No. 2019010XXXX.).
- Applicants for Chinese University Program (CUP) can contact a supervisor in advance. Please click Faculty and Professors’ Information.
Know more about this opportunity:
To learn how to write CV, Essays, Personal statement, and know about recommendation letters click here:
Marj3 recommended links
This Scholarship Published by:
” Mohamed Ismail/ Sudan “
Reviewed by” Doha Elamin/ Egypt ”
MARJ3 Scholarships team