15 March 2019.
Chinese Government Scholarship – Chinese University Program”
A scholarship established by Ministry of Education (MOE) to support Chinese universities in specific provinces or autonomous regions to recruit outstanding international students for graduate studies in China.
The University of Science and Technology of China (USTC) is a national research university in Hefei, Anhu China, under the direct leadership of the Chinese Academy of Sciences (CAS).
Opportunity Focus Areas:
- Chemistry and Materials Science.
- Computer Science and Technology.
- Earth and Space Sciences.
- Engineering Science.
- Gifted Young.
- Humanities and Social Science.
- Information Science and Technology.
- Life Sciences.
- Mathematical Sciences.
- Nuclear Science and Technology.
- Physical Sciences.
- Public Affairs.
- Software Engineering.
- National Software Reference Library.
State Key Laboratory of Fire Science.
Chinese or English.
ALL WORLD COUNTRIES except Chinese citizen.
It is according to specific program:
- Master’s Degree Programs: 2-3 academic years.
- Doctoral Degree Programs: 3-4 academic years.
*Applicants who apply for programs instructed in Chinese but without sufficient Chinese language proficiency are required to take one-year Chinese language courses and pass the relevant test prior to the studies in their specialties.
- Applicants must be non-Chinese citizens and mentally and physically healthy.
- Applicants must not be a registered student in Chinese universities at the time of application; or be a graduate from Chinese universities for more than one year.
- Education background and age limit:
- Applicants for master’s degree studies must have bachelor’s degree (equivalent to bachelor’s degree in China) and be under the age of 35 (by September, 1st, 2019).
- Applicants for doctoral studies must have master’s degree (equivalent to master’s degree in China) and be under the age of 40 (by September, 1st, 2019).
※ For the graduates to obtain their degrees in 2019, they should submit a Pre-graduation Certificate to ensure that they will complete their study and obtain the degree by July of 2019.
※ Students who have been granted for other Chinese scholarship or funding（2018-2019）cannot apply for this scholarship.
- Covers tuition waiver, accommodation, stipend, and comprehensive medical insurance.
First Step: Log on the on-line application system to do an on-line registration and application fromhere.
- After logging, please choose Type B and fill in 10358 as agency code for USTC.
- After filling in the application form online, applicants must click the “submit” button and print out application form in the application system.
- Sign and put a recent photo on the application form.
- Scan the application form and upload it later on USTC application system.
Second Step:Create your online application ID with a valid email account and login and fill in all the information and upload required documents.
Third Step:Submit your application form by clicking “Confirm and Submit” upon completion.
*After applying online, applicants must submit application materials to Office of International Cooperation of USTC by post mail or in person
- Application form for Chinese Government Scholarship with signature and recent photo.
- Photocopy of passport (ordinary passport with validity of at least 1 year).
- A study or research proposal (no less than 800 words).
- Two letters of recommendation from full professors or associate professors (with phone number and email address).
- Photocopy of Foreigner Physical Examination Form.
- Applicants for programs instructed in Chinese but do not apply for one-year Chinese language courses, must provide the photocopy of HSK certificate (at least level 4) or other proof of their Chinese language proficiency; applicants for programs instructed in English must provide the photocopy of valid IELTS or TOFEL result or other proof of their English proficiency (except those whose mother tongue is English).
- Photocopy of degree certificate and academic transcript for both Bachelor’s Degree and Master’s Degree (if have) notarized by Ministry of Education or equivalent authority in your country.
*For more details click here.
Know more about this opportunity:
To learn how to write CV, Essays, Personal statement, and know about recommendation letters click here:
Marj3 recommended links
This Scholarship Published by:
” Mohamed Ismail/ Sudan “
Reviewed by” Nashwa Attallah/ Egypt ”
MARJ3 Scholarships team