11 October 2018
Where your host organization is based
Climate Change and Health Awards
Climate Change and Health Awards are open to researchers who want to better understand the links between climate change and people’s health. The awards are open to individuals or teams of up to ten members from anywhere in the world.
Wellcome Foundation is a global charitable foundation, both politically and financially independent. We support scientists and researchers, take on big problems, fuel imaginations, and spark debate.
You can apply if you are based at:
- An academic research organization.
- A not-for-profit or government body.
- A private sector organization.
Opportunity Focus Areas:
- Climate change.
ALL WORLD COUNTRIES.
Up to 3 years.
To be eligible, your proposal must focus on at least one of the following areas:
- Developing tools, data sources and other resources to support research into climate change and health.
- Assessing the health co-benefits of actions to mitigate climate change.
- Assessing the health impacts of actions to adapt to climate change.
- Level of funding: £100,000 to £500,000 (up to £1 million in exceptional circumstances). This funding supports researchers who want to explore the links between people’s health and a changing climate.
There support includes:
- Materials and consumables.
- Research management and support costs.
- Travel and subsistence.
- Fieldwork expenses.
- Inflation allowance.
- Publication costs.
- Other costs.
First Step: Submit your preliminary application here.
Follow these instructions:
- Indicate which of the three focus areas your application will fall under in the ‘Proposal summary’ section. Your proposal may be relevant to more than one area. This information should be included in the first line of the ‘Proposal summary’ section before an abstract is provided in this section.
- Do not exceed 500 words in the ‘Details of the proposal’ section.
- They will assess your eligibility and suitability and give you a decision within four weeks of the preliminary application deadline.
Second Step: If your preliminary application is successful, you will be invited to submit a full application, deadline: 10 January 2019.
Know more about this opportunity:
To learn how to write CV, Essays, Personal statement, and know about recommendation letters click here:
Marj3 recommended links
This Scholarship Published by:
” Moustafa Ashraf/ Egypt “
Reviewed by” Mayar Abdalla/ The Netherlands
and Ahmed Morsy/ Egypt ”
MARJ3 Scholarships team