21 September 2018
Cape Town, South Africa
The Fogarty HIV-associated Tuberculosis Training Program – Clinician Scientist PhD Fellowship
The Program will competitively award a limited number of post-graduate fellowships and run training courses. It will strengthen UCT’s capacity to address knowledge gaps in this field and tackle new scientific questions as the epidemiology and treatment of HIV and TB evolve.
The Fogarty HIV-associated Tuberculosis Training Program was established at the University of Cape Town in 2017 in partnership with Johns Hopkins University and Vanderbilt University in the US, and aims to develop the next generation of research leaders in the field of HIV-associated TB at UCT. The Program is funded by a 5-year grant from the Fogarty International Center of the US National Institutes of Health.
Specializations for studying on this opportunity:
- Clinical Epidemiology and Biostatistics.
- Advanced Epidemiology and Modelling.
- Pharmacokinetics and Pharmacogenomics.
- HIV-TB Drug Hypersensitivity Reactions.
EGYPT, TUNISIA, ALGERIA, MOROCCO, SUDAN, LIBYA, SOMALIA, DJIBOUTI, MAURITANIA, COMOROS
OTHER COUNTRIES ARE NOT FROM THE MIDDLE EAST AND NORTH AFRICA.
- The applicant should hold an MBChB degree (Bachelor of Medicine and Bachelor of Surgery degrees).
- The applicant should propose a project in the field of HIV-associated TB or HIV-TB co-infection.
- The applicant should have the support of the applicant’s planned PhD supervisor(s).
- The applicant should provide evidence in the application that there is co-funding within the research group to enable the successful completion of the research.
- The applicant should describe the plans to obtain additional stipend support beyond 2 years.
- The applicant should plan to conduct the research within a UCT research group.
- The project could be in the field of clinical, laboratory or epidemiology research.
The funding will cover a stipend (R 470, 000 per annum for 2 years, tax-free) and once-off project cost support (R 200, 000).
To apply, please contact Kathryn Wood ([email protected]) for the application form.
Applications will be considered based on academic merit, the quality of the submitted application and its alignment with the objectives of the Fogarty Program. The availability of co-funding to support the research will also be factored.
*Note: The University reserves the right to cancel, withdraw and recover any funds paid out to award-holders who do not comply with the Conditions of Award.
Know more about this opportunity:
To learn how to write CV, Essays, Personal statement, and know about recommendation letters click here:
Marj3 recommended links
This Scholarship Published by:
” Ahmed Morsy/ Egypt “
Reviewed by” Dina Nady/ Egypt and Rakia Chebbah/ Tunisia ”
MARJ3 Scholarships team