1 April 2019.
University Entrance Scholarship
We believe you deserve a reward! The University Entrance Scholarship program provides guaranteed renewable scholarships to high school students who present a minimum award average of 75%. Scholarships vary in value according to the applicant’s award average.
Concordia University of Edmonton is a community of learning grounded in scholarship and academic freedom, preparing students to be independent thinkers, ethical leaders and citizens for the common good.
Opportunity Focus Areas:
Bachelor of Arts
- Fine Arts.
- Literature and Language.
- Philosophy and Religious Studies.
- Social Sciences.
Bachelor of Science
- Department of Biological and Environmental Sciences.
- Department of Mathematical and Physical Sciences.
- Department of Public Health.
Bachelor of Management
- Management International Dual Degrees Program.
- Dual Degree in Science & Management.
- Accounting Emphasis.
- Conflict Management Emphasis.
- Data Management Emphasis.
- Finance Emphasis.
- Human Resources Emphasis.
- Leadership Emphasis.
- Marketing Emphasis.
ALL WORLD COUNTRIES.
To become eligible for University Entrance Scholarships, applicants must be:
- Entering their first-year of post-secondary study directly from high school. Concordia will also consider applicants who have:
a) taken time off between high school and post-secondary studies.
b) completed university-level credits while in high school.
c) attended a non-accredited program at a post-secondary institution and earned 9 or less transfer credits.
Applicants who enrolled in a post-secondary institution after the completion of high school are not eligible.
- Enrolled in a degree program in Arts, Management or Science.
- Registered in a minimum of 80% of a full-course load (12 credits) in each semester. Recipients whose registration drops below the required 80% minimum will immediately forfeit their scholarship.
Home-schooled applicants who present the appropriate Grade 12 requirements for admission, present an award average of 75% or higher, and submit an application for admission by April 1 are eligible for entrance award consideration. Concordia will also consider home-schooled applicants who present the appropriate ACT or SAT score. Home-schooled applicants who are ineligible for an entrance award are eligible to be considered for in-course awards after the completion of their first year of study at Concordia University of Edmonton.
There is no separate application required. Concordia identifies eligible students through the admission process, choosing from those who submit their admission Application Forms and final (interim) high school transcripts before April 1st. Eligible scholarship recipients are sent a preliminary scholarship offer notification letter.
To renew scholarships in subsequent years, students must:
- Be registered in a minimum 80% of a full-course load (12 credits) in each subsequent semester.
- Maintain a minimum overall GPA of 3.2 during the academic year for all scholarships valued below $3,750 or a minimum GPA of 3.5 for scholarships valued $3,750 or greater. Courses completed in Spring and Summer Sessions are not included in the GPA calculation.
- The renewal period shall not exceed the length of the student’s degree program. Students who lose their scholarship entitlement due to reduced course load or low GPA may have their scholarship reinstated following an academic year of study that satisfies the registration and GPA requirements. However, their eligibility period will not be extended.
|University Entrance Scholarship Levels|
|Award Average||Scholarship Value||Value over 4 years|
|95% or higher||$5,000||$20,000|
|90% – 94.9%||$3,750||$15,000|
|85% – 89.9%||$2,000||$8,000|
|80% – 84.9%||$1,500||$6,000|
|75% – 79.9%||$1,000||$4,000|
First Step: Read the program selection and check the admission deadlines for international student applications. Apply early, as official transcript requests and study permit applications take time to process.
Note: To apply online, click here. Your application will not be sent to Concordia University of Edmonton until the international student application fee is paid.
Second Step: Please check the English Language Requirements for Undergraduate Programs and be sure you fulfill all the necessary steps.
Third Step: Submit the following documents in order to complete your application:
- Evidence that you can fulfil the English Language Requirements such as official proficiency exam results.
- Official transcripts from any high school and post-secondary institutions you attended.
- Supporting documentation that may be required for your program.
Fourth Step: Accept Your Offer of Admission, once all documents have been submitted and evaluated, Concordia University of Edmonton notifies international student applicants electronically via email of their admissibility.
Note: To confirm your offer of admission and ensure that you do not lose your acceptance, you will need to accept your admission offer by the deadline indicated in your Offer of Acceptance by paying the required registration deposit.
Fifth Step: Apply for a Study Permit, Eligible international students are issued an Offer of Admission and Letter of Acceptance for Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada (IRCC). These letters are normally submitted to the Canadian Consulate in the applicant’s home country to obtain a study permit.
Sixth Step: Set up Medical Insurance, International students are required to have medical insurance coverage that is effective throughout their time in Canada. For more information about the coverage, visit the website https://mystudentplan.ca/csa.
Seventh Step: Plan Your Finances, Applicants should ensure they have adequate savings for tuition and fees, books and supplies, living costs, and for miscellaneous expenses, for the duration of their stay.
Eighth Step: Housing and Childcare, We’re ready to help—and welcome—new international students to our university and to Alberta!
- On-campus residence (Residence information).
- Off-campus housing (Current web site listings).
- Housing Registry (Online registration for listing rentals to Off-campus housing site).
- Canada Homestay Network.
Contact a financial aid advisor in the Financial Aid and Awards Office (HA120):
Toll free: 1-866-479-5200, ext 220
E-mail: [email protected]
Concordia University of Edmonton
Attention: Office of Admissions
7128 Ada Boulevard
Edmonton, Alberta T5B 4E4
Know more about this opportunity:
To learn how to write CV, Essays, Personal statement, and know about recommendation letters click here:
Marj3 recommended links
This Scholarship Published by:
” Salma El-Noby/ Egypt“
Reviewed by” Mayar Abdalla/ The Netherlands and Alyaa Abdelraouf/ Egypt”
MARJ3 Scholarships team