1 May 2019. 16:00 (UK time)
CSJR Postgraduate Student Bursary from SOAS University of London.
The Centre for the Study of Japanese Religions offers a CSJR Postgraduate Student Bursary in Japanese Religions for both full-time and part time students to be held at SOAS, University of London.
SOAS University of London (the School of Oriental and African Studies) is a public research university in London, England. Founded in 1916, SOAS is located in the heart of Bloomsbury in central London. It is the leading Higher Education institution in Europe specializing in the study of Asia, Africa and the Near and Middle East.
Opportunity Focus Areas:
- Religions and Philosophies in Japanese Studies.
ALL WORLD COUNTRIES.
From 1 to 4 years according to the programme.
1 year for Full-time programme, 2 or 4 years for Part-time programme. know more about eligible programmes from Here.
- Applicants must possess an outstanding academic record
- Taught Masters (MA) applicants must focus on Japanese Religions / Japanese Buddhism. Evidence of this should be included in the statement of their admission application.
- Taught Masters (MA) and Research Degree (MPhil/PhD) applicants should give evidence in the statement of their admission application of their ability to use sources in Japanese.
- Applicants must have an offer of admission for one of the eligible programmes at SOAS by the scholarship application deadline.
- Applicants must meet the English language condition of their offer of admission to study at SOAS as soon as possible but no later than 30 June 2019.
- The total value of the scholarship is £5,000 for one year only for full-time programmes, providing a contribution towards fees.
- For part-time MA programmes, the £5,000 will be paid over the duration of the MA programme (i.e. £2,500 per year over two years for a two-year part-time MA or £1,250 per year over 4 years for a 4-year part-time).
Apply for your programme in SOAS, A complete application for admission should include:
- Transcripts, an explanation of the grading system for any degrees obtained outside of the UK.
- Two references.
- Research proposal (MPhil/PhD applications only).
- A personal statement.
Apply for the scholarship via the on-line application form which will open HERE on 23 January 2019.
It is recommended to apply for the programme about six weeks BEFORE the scholarship deadline (that is, by 20 March 2019).
Know more about this opportunity:
To learn how to write CV, Essays, Personal statement, and know about recommendation letters click here:
Marj3 recommended links
This Scholarship Published by:
” Aya Gamal ElGeddawy/ Egypt “
Reviewed by” Nermine Nejima / Tunisia ”
MARJ3 Scholarships team