26 September 2018
MedTrain Fellowship programme
MedTrain is a new Industry-Academia Training, Career Development and Mobility Fellowship Programme at CÚRAM, Science Foundation Ireland (SFI) Center for Research in Medical Devices. MedTrain offers prestigious two-year fellowships to eligible experienced researchers in the broad area of Medical Device Research and Development.
The MedTrain Programme aims to enhance the creative, entrepreneurial, and innovative potential of researchers, via advanced training, international and inter-sectoral mobility. Fellows will be based at one of four CÚRAM academic organisations: National University of Ireland, Galway (NUI Galway), University College Cork (UCC), University College Dublin (UCD) or the Royal College of Surgeons in Ireland (RCSI). Fellowships include secondment of up to 6 months to a non-academic research partner, located in any country of the world appropriate to further the research, training and career development needs of each fellow.
Opportunity Focus Areas:
The program is broadly in the area of medical device research and development, including:
- Tissue engineering.
- Regenerative medicine.
- Bio-materials and drug delivery.
- Glyco and protein engineering.
- Neuromodulation and computational modelling.
ALL WORLD COUNTRIES.
- CÚRAM MedTrain Fellowships are open to experienced researchers of any nationality, resident anywhere in the world.
- Applicants must have two supervisors: one main host supervisor and one secondment supervisor.
- Must be experienced researchers according to the MSCA definition: must be in possession of a doctoral degree or have at least four years of full-time equivalent research experience.
- Not have resided or carried out their main activity (work, studies, etc.) in Ireland for more than 12 months in the three years immediately prior to this date. Compulsory national service and/or short stays such as holidays are not taken in to account.
- Project Proposals Must be within the research areas defined by CÚRAM, in the broad area of Medical Device Research and Development, and identify a MedTrain Principal Investigator (PI) from those listed on the website (www.medtrain.eu). Following submission, if necessary an optional letter of support from the relevant MedTrain PI will be requested.
- Amounts provided for the benefit of the researcher will consist of: living allowance, mobility allowance and family allowance, where eligible. the total gross remuneration costs for researcher without family per month is €3,702 and for researcher with family per month is €4,202.
- The annual gross salary to be offered to the researchers is within the range €33,616 -€43,525.
- In addition, the MedTrain Fellowship provides contribution to research cost €800/month per Fellow to cover consumable costs, costs of communication, dissemination and exploitation, and travel to international conferences, workshops and secondments.
- Submit your application here.
Applicants are also required to upload the following PDF documents:
- Academic CV.
- Letter of commitment from secondment supervisor.
- Research proposal.
Know more about this opportunity:
To learn how to write CV, Essays, Personal statement, and know about recommendation letters click here:
Marj3 recommended links
This Scholarship Published by:
” Moustafa Ashraf/ Egypt “
Reviewed by” Mayar Abdalla/ The Netherlands ”
MARJ3 Scholarships team