31 August 2018
New Long- and short Term Research Grants 2018
The German Academic Exchange Service (DAAD) is pleased to announce the Research Grants programs which offer young Egyptian scientists and researchers the opportunity to travel to Germany for the academic year 2019/2020.
The German Academic Exchange Service (DAAD) is an organisation that promotes the international exchange of students and scientists. It is, in fact, the world’s largest organisation as concerns financing scientific mobility. As an association of German universities, DAAD represents 231 German universities and higher education institutions, with over 500 representatives in nearly 100 countries.
Specializations for studying on this opportunity:
- Language and Cultural Studies
- Law, Economics and Social Sciences
- Mathematics/Natural Sciences
- Veterinary Medicine/Agriculture, Forestry and Nutritional Science
- Art, Music, Sport
- One month to a maximum of six months for short term grants.
- A maximum of four years for doctoral programs.
- The target groups are Egyptian freelancers, applicants from Egyptian ministries, Egyptian university staff member of the private universities and private research institutions, university staff members of Egyptian public universities, who are not following the mission’s department plan. For information about the missions’ plan click Here.
- Applicants should not be eligible to apply simultaneously or in the same year to GERLS and GERSS.
- As a rule, applicants should not have graduated any longer than six years before the application deadline. If you already hold a doctoral degree, you should not have completed your doctorate more than four years ago. Doctoral candidates should not have started their doctoral degree any longer than three years previously.
- Applicants who have been resident in Germany for longer than 15 months at the application deadline cannot be considered.
- Depending on academic level, monthly payments of
euros 850.- for graduates, euros 1,200.- for doctoral candidates and postdocs.
- Payments towards health, accident and personal liability insurance cover
- Travel allowance, unless these expenses are covered by the home country or another source of funding
Second Step: Request references: The form, which has to be completed by a referee, has to be generated in the DAAD portal in the section “Request reference” after registration and downloaded.
Third Step: Applying online in the DAAD portal
- Download and complete the online application form
- Prepare application documents:
- Full curriculum vitae in tabular form (max. 3 pages)
- List of publications (max. 10 pages), if applicable
- Extensive and detailed description of the research proposal which has been agreed upon with the academic adviser and a description of previous research work (max. 10 pages)
- Schedule of planned research work
- Letter confirming supervision by an academic adviser in Germany, which refers to the applicant’s proposal and confirms that the host institute will provide a workplace
- University degree certificate indicating final grade(s): the certificate must be subsequently submitted before the grant-supported research begins if it is not available at the time of application.
- Other documents which support your application (example: certificates of employment, proof of placements, etc.)
- All university certificates on all annual examinations with individual grade(s), incl. explanation of grading system.
- German or English translations of documents submitted in the national language and send the Arabic with the translated.
- Copy of school-leaving certificate which entitles holders to study at a university in the home country (with all individual grades)
- Proof of admission to a doctoral program at the home university insofar as the applicant intends to take a doctoral degree there
- Proof of language abilities; not older than 2 years (TOEFL iBT with at least 79, IELTS with at least 6.5)
- Scan paper documents (except references) and save in PDF format. Please note that you can only upload PDF files to the portal then upload them.
- Submit the uploaded application documents online.
Forth step: Sending application documents by post
References must be sent in the unopened envelope to the application location.
You are also required to send 1 copy of the “Application summary” (PDF file), which is generated in the DAAD portal after the online application procedure has been completed, by post to the application address.
DAAD Egypt, Regional Office Cairo
Address: 11 Street El-Saleh Ayoub, Cairo-Zamalek
Know more about this opportunity:
To learn how to write CV, Essays, Personal statement, and know about recommendation letters click here:
Marj3 recommended links
This Scholarship Published by:
” Nashwa Attallah /Egypt “
Reviewed by” Lama Alhedmy/ Palestine“
“Raghda Ahmed/ Egypt”
MARJ3 Scholarships team