1 October 2018
University scholarship for refugee students registered with UNHCR.
Under an agreement between the Government of the Federal Republic of Germany and UNHCR, DAFI Scholarship Program is supporting several qualified refugee students to pursue higher education. The 2018/2019 scholarships are to support qualified students to obtain a university degree.
Opportunity Focus Areas:
- All specializations.
Any Refugee Students Within Egypt.
This Scholarship is presented for a limited number of refugee students in Egypt for a duration of four years.
Interested candidates should meet the following criteria:
- Be a refugee or asylum seeker registered with UNHCR EGYPT.
- Currently enrolled in any public university in Egypt, if the student is a Syrian refugee with an Egyptian high school certificate.
- Candidate must be a holder of a high school certificate with its original copy.
- Did not formerly acquire university degree.
- Applicant’s age must not exceed 24.
- Committed to completing the university program in Egypt.
- Candidate with motivation for study and post-university plans will be given priority.
- The candidate must be a student of academic excellence and serious about the completion of his studies.
- UNHCR especially encourages female candidates with excellent academic records to apply.
- High school diploma must not be newly acquired, and no more than 2 years old.
- To fall under one of the following conditions:
- The student is enrolled in the first grade in university for the academic year 2018/2019, where the program is four-year or more.
- The number of academic years left starting from the academic year 2018/2019 should be four years or more. (Five-year programs like Medicine, Veterinary Medicine, Dentistry, Pharmacy, and Engineering).
The scholarship will cover education costs, including university fees, transportation, monthly stipend and books.
First Step: Interested eligible candidates with complete documents, should submit a written request, in a sealed envelope mentioning:
- The full name.
- Contact phone number.
- UNHCR registration number.
Second Step: Make an envelope with these details and documents:
- Full name.
- Student address and available mobile number(s) – More than one number is preferred to facilitate communication.
- Copy of UNHCR yellow or blue card.
- Curriculum Vitae – CV.
- Copy of your university ID card, if available.
- For year one students: copy of secondary certificate + Copy of nomination/assortment letter.
- For year two students: copy of year one grades.
- Personal photo.
- A complete scholarship application, signed by the applicant student. (Please visit any of the above offices or the Catholic Relief Services Egypt page on Facebook to download the application).
If any of the required documents is missing, student’s file will be disregarded.
Third Step: Hand the envelope to one of the following offices, from Monday to Thursday from 9 am to 1 pm:
Cairo: CRS: 33 street 106 – Maadi
Alexandria UNHCR: 13 Nordon St. – Kafr Abdo
Damietta: Caritas: District one, beside Elrashidy Group – New Damietta
Know more about this opportunity:
To learn how to write CV, Essays, Personal statement, and know about recommendation letters click here:
Marj3 recommended links
This Scholarship Published by:
” Mohammad Orabi /Syria “
Reviewed by” Esraa Abdullzaher/ Egypt ”
MARJ3 Scholarships team