January 31, 2019
The University of Virginia, USA
Dalai Lama Fellowship program 2019
Dalai Lama Fellows, founded in 2010 with the authorization and involvement of the 14th Dalai Lama, is reimagining leadership by cultivating and supporting a global movement of next generation leaders applying universal values to solve global challenges. The program is independent, secular and ecumenical.
They award year-long Fellowships to such next generation leaders that are working on social change projects in local communities to address one or more of the following areas: mitigating economic disparity, diminishing violence, gender inequity, improving cross-cultural and interreligious cooperation, facilitating new and more holistic educational approaches, and enhancing environmental sustainability.
We provide each Project Fellow with:
- Immersion in our distinctive yearlong Head, Heart, Hands leadership curriculum.
- One-on-one coaching to support their projects in social change and personal development as contemplative and collaborative leaders.
- Participation in two week-long Global Assembliesy with Fellows from around the world and dynamic faculty; and Life Long affiliation in our global learning community and support system.
ALL WORLD COUNTRIES.
- April 15 – 30, 2019: All Fellows are selected and notified.
- May 1-June 2019: Virtual Onboarding of Fellows and Preliminary Curriculum.
- June 2019 (TBD): 5 Day Global Assembly in the United States.
- July 2019 – May 2020: Head, Heart, Hands curriculum, monthly coaching calls, learning groups, project implementation in local communities.
- June 2020 and beyond: 5 Day Gobal Assembly in the United States, where Fellows officially complete their Fellowship year and graduate into LifeLong Fellows global leadership and learning community.
In order to fulfill the minimum requirements, a candidate must demonstrate the following through the application:
(1) Next generation leader who is between ages 20-35 years.
(2) Fluency in written and spoken English.
(3) Experience or interest in learning and practicing contemplative practices throughout the year.
(4) Description of project of social change/justice that can be undertaken over the year.
(5) In-depth knowledge of the community and the issue that the proposed project is seeking to work in and address, preferably with more than one year of previous experience working with the community in question.
(6) Commitment to participating in our online learning platform, which hosts our year-long curriculum.
(7) Attendance at week-long Global Assembly in June 2019 and again in June 2020, participation in monthly coaching calls through video conference, participation in monthly group calls with other Fellows, completion of curriculum, and peer-to-peer interaction on the platform.
1. Before starting this application, please create an account here. Creating an account enables you to start the form, save it, and return at a later time.The account you establish is only for this form.
– Once you create an account, bookmark the URL so you may find it quickly.
– If you forget to do this, you can go back to the school application URL, return to this page, and click the link above for creating an account. You’ll be provided with a sign-in option for returning users.
**BE SURE TO WRITE DOWN YOUR PASSWORD. IF YOU LOSE IT, YOU WILL BE LOCKED OUT OF YOUR ACCOUNT AND YOU WILL NEED TO START A NEW APPLICATION.**
2. If you encounter any technical difficulty when completing the form, please contact [email protected]
In the subject line, please indicate your full name.
In the body of the message, please indicate the specific issue as well as the browser you are using.
3. When uploading a document, you MUST upload the file as a PDF, and the file name must correspond to the following format: Full Name File Title.
Example: Tashi Tsering Timeline
4. Some questions have question mark icons next to them. When you click on these icons, a pop-up with additional instructions appears.
The application for Dalai Lama Fellows consists of six major parts:
- Your Resume/CV.
- Applicant Background and Overview.
- One Letter of Recommendation.
- Essay Questions.
- Application Video.
TIPS FOR A SUCCESSFUL APPLICATION:
Be Authentic: As you reflect on and respond to these questions, remember not to tell us what you think we want to hear. Be authentic with yourself and share that authenticity with our team.
Be Courageous: This application is an opportunity to reflect on how you can grow as a leader. Be courageously bold, imagine the kind of leader you can become, and tell us about it.
Be Thoughtful: Take time to respond to each question. Save drafts. Share reflections with trusted friends and colleagues. The most successful applications are not only well written but demonstrate thoughtfulness and introspection.
Save an Offline Copy: We recommend that you first reiew the entire application form and then spend time offline composing your responses in Google Docs or Microsoft Word. Be sure to save an offline copy in case of a technological error or broken connection.
Questions can be directed to [email protected]
Know more about this opportunity:
To learn how to write CV, Essays, Personal statement, and know about recommendation letters click here:
Marj3 recommended links
This Scholarship Published by:
” Bassem Nabarawy / Egypt “
Reviewed by”Al_Shimaa Abdalla/ Egypt ”
MARJ3 Scholarships team