January 11, 2019
The DW Akademie Traineeship
The DW Akademie Traineeship is one of the most prestigious journalism training programs in Europe, giving you the chance to learn all the skills you need to work successfully as a multimedia reporter and editor. The DW traineeship is all about gaining hands-on experience in radio, TV and online with a combination of intensive practical training blocks and newsroom placements both within DW and internationally. In this, trainees benefit from DW’s strong ties to other German public broadcasters and international media houses.
Trainees are also able to explore the journalism trends of the future – from digital storytelling to data journalism and virtual reality. In addition, you will have the chance to develop a larger piece of innovative content through involvement in the scheme’s journalism projects.
Opportunity Focus Areas:
ALL WORLD COUNTRIES
- DW is looking for young people from all over the world interested in a comprehensive, exceptional quality journalism program with an international broadcaster.
- Candidates should have journalism experience or be passionate about switching to journalism from technology/IT, economics or the sciences.
- DW is looking for open-minded people full of creative ideas.
- Native speakers of a DW program language with a good knowledge of both English and German, or
- English native speakers with a good knowledge of German, or
- German native speakers with excellent knowledge of English
- completed university degree, college degree or apprenticeship (we are especially looking for those with a background in technology/IT, science, politics or economics)
- basic journalism experience
- content published or broadcast
- creative mind
- excellent judge of journalism content
- social media experience
- ability to work in a fast-paced environment, both within teams and individually
- strong MS Office skills, basic audio and video production skills, data skills.
Applications from women are explicitly welcome. Severely disabled applicants with equal qualification will be given particular consideration.
The DW Traineeship offers:
- the acquisition of a broad base of journalism skills;
- technology training across TV, radio and online ;
- focused seminars delivered by experienced trainers;
- placements with various DW editorial departments in Bonn and Berlin as well as in one of our foreign bureaus in Brussels, Washington or Moscow;
- placement with partner broadcasters in Germany, Europe or worldwide;
- the chance to produce a larger journalism piece based on your own idea;
- a salary paid throughout the traineeship;
- the prospect of a DW employment contract upon successful completion of the traineeship.
Fill in the online application form, and then ”Submit”.
Know more about this opportunity:
To learn how to write CV, Essays, Personal statement, and know about recommendation letters click here:
Marj3 recommended links
This Scholarship Published by:
“Alyaa Abdelraouf/ Egypt“
Reviewed by” Hager Abosedaira/ Egypt ”
MARJ3 Scholarships team