30 April 2020.
Development Scholarship-Charles University.
Thanks to a generous contribution from the Czech Ministry of Education, Youth and Sports, the Faculty of Social Sciences is able to offer a limited number of partial scholarships for students of all fee-based programmes. For the academic year 2020/2021
A total of eight scholarships are available, designated for students from developing countries and countries going through a process of political and economic transition.
Opportunity Focus Areas:
- Erasmus Mundus International Master in Security, Intelligence and Strategic Studies (IMSISS)
- Erasmus Mundus Journalism, Media and Globalisation (EMJ)
- European Politics and Society (EPS)
- Society, Communication and Media (SCM)
- Media and Area Studies (MARS)
- Master in Economics and Finance (MEF)
- Corporate Strategy and Finance in Europe (CSF)
- Balkan, Eurasian and Central European Studies (BECES)
- Master in Area Studies (MAS)
- International Masters in Economy, State and Society (IMESS)
- Master in International Security Studies (MISS)
- Master in International Relations (MAIN)
- International Economic and Political Studies (IEPS)
- Geopolitical Studies (GPS)
- Public and Social Policy (PSP)
- Sociology in European Context (SEC)
For more information click Here.
EGYPT, SYRIA, IRAQ, PALESTINE, JORDAN, LEBANON, TUNISIA, ALGERIA, MOROCCO, SUDAN, LIBYA, YEMEN, SOMALIA, DJIBOUTI, MAURITANIA, TURKEY, IRAN, COMOROS, & OTHER COUNTRIES ARE NOT FROM THE MIDDLE EAST AND NORTH AFRICA.
The first semester.
The scholarship is awarded on a year-to-year basis. Therefore, students have to submit a new application each year.
- The application can be submitted by students in the first year of Master’s.
- The applicants have to be from developing countries and countries going through a process of political and economic transition and have to state their needs of the financial support within the application.
- Applicants must fill the requirements for the chosen program.
- The scholarship is administered as a one-time lump-sum payment of CZK 75 000 (approx. EUR 3 000) to selected students to support the student’s necessary living costs. There is no tuition fee waiver as a part of the scholarship.
- No guarantee that similar scholarships will be available for students’ in the forthcoming years.
- Scholarships will not be offered for the third year of study (Master’s degree)
First Step:Choose you program from Here,
Second Step: Create your account from Here.
Third Step: Fill the scholarship online application form, from Here.
Application has to include the following documents:
- completed application form
- motivation essay of no more than 1000 words, explaining why you need a scholarship, and what you hope to gain from your studies at Charles University
- two letters of recommendation from teachers, who know you from your previous studies, including confirmation of your financial need (for fresh applicants for our programmes)
- one letter of recommendation from a Charles University academic who knows you from your studies at the Faculty, including confirmation of your financial need (for current students of our programmes), in case you’re .
- The application has to be submitted complete (with all necessary documents), and all submitted documents have to be originals and written in the English language, or accompanied by certified translations and submitted to
Kateřina Frídlová (Hollar Building, room 216),
the International Office
Faculty of Social Sciences, Charles University
Smetanovo nabrezi 6
110 01 Praha 1, Czechia.
- Scanned copies sent by email can be considered as a temporary measure in specific cases. However, originals have to be delivered as well. The final decision regarding such applications cannot be made until originals have been received.
Know more about this opportunity:
To learn how to write CV, Essays, Personal statement, and know about recommendation letters click here:
Marj3 recommended links
This Scholarship Published by:
“Reem Ghazal/ Egypt“
Reviewed by” Nedaa Megahed/ Egypt ”
MARJ3 Scholarships Team