April 30, 2019.
Development Scholarships- Charles University
With the contribution of the Czech Ministry of Education, Youth and Sport, the Faculty of Social Sciences at Charles University (CU) are offering a limited number of Development Scholarships for students of all fee-based programs in academic year 2019/2020.
Applications for these scholarships are open to all students from developing countries and/or countries going through a process of political and economic transition, who are applying for study in one of our Bachelor’s studies or Master’s studies programmes at FSV UK from academic year 2019/20.
Opportunity Focus Areas:
Master’ s degree
EGYPT, SYRIA, IRAQ, JORDAN, LEBANON, TUNISIA, ALGERIA, MOROCCO, SUDAN, LIBYA, SAUDI ARABIA, BAHRAIN, OMAN, YEMEN, SOMALIA, DJIBOUTI, MAURITANIA, TURKEY, IRAN, COMOROS, & OTHER COUNTRIES ARE NOT FROM THE MIDDLE EAST AND NORTH AFRICA
- The first semester
- Applications for these scholarships are open to all students from developing countries and/or countries going through a process of political and economic transition, who are applying for study in one of our Bachelor’s studies or Master’s studies programmes at FSV UK from academic year 2019/20.
- Applicants should meet the specific entry requirements of the shosen programme.
- Under the terms of this scholarship, students will receive a waiver of school fees for their first semester of study, plus a one-off payment of 50 000 CZK (about 2050 EUR) as a contribution towards living costs.
- School fees for the second semester of study will not be waived.
- Although we would like to continue the scholarship scheme in school year 2020/21, this is subject to our receiving further funding for future years. At present, therefore, we cannot guarantee that similar scholarships will be available for students’ second year of study.
First Step: Create your account from here.
Second Step: Choose you program from here,
- Read the entry requirements.
- Prepare your application documents.
Third Step: Press “Apply for study”. Fill in the application form, upload the required document and submit it.
Fourth Step: Applying to the scholarship.
Applications must be made on the form that accompanies this announcement, and must include the following documents:
- Completed application form.
- Motivation essay of no more than 1000 words.
- Two letters of recommendation from teachers, (NOTE: The current scholarship holders who are reapplying do not need to submit the two recommendation letters or write the essay. Please include a cover note and one recommendation letter from a Charles University academic who knows you from your studies with your application.)
- Applications should be sent to the Manager of the International Office (find the address here). All documents submitted must be originals and written in the English language, or accompanied by certified translations. (IMPORTANT: All scholarship applicants MUST also lodge an online application for their selected study program and note the name of the programme on their application for a scholarship. Without this their application for a scholarship will not be considered.)
- The deadline for scholarship applications is 30th April 2019. Students who will have problems meeting this deadline due to inefficient or unreliable postal services may, as a temporary measure, submit fax copies and/or scanned copies by e-mail. However, originals must also be sent, and final decisions will not be made until originals have been received.
- Only students finally admitted by the Faculty are eligible to become scholarship holders.
- Before students receive their scholarships, they will also be required to make an advance payment in respect of their school fees for the second semester.
- In case of any questions please email your enquires to [email protected]
Know more about this opportunity:
To learn how to write CV, Essays, Personal statement, and know about recommendation letters click here:
Marj3 recommended links
This Scholarship Published by:
” Waad Othman/ Syria“
Reviewed by” Soueilem Mohamed Lemine / Mauritania ”
MARJ3 Scholarships team