15 December 2019.
Thales Global Tech Challenge.
This is a chance to fully express your technical and creative skills. Using a visionary approach, unleash your inner tech spirit to imagine future technologies and the benefits they could bring to our society.
Innovation is nothing new at Thales, they bring to the table a unique combination of technologies and talent. They build on a unique heritage of technical excellence, drawing strength from their global dimension and from the diversity of their workforce.
Your mission is to revolutionize the future of technology in any of the Thales markets:
- The first two stages of the competition will take place on a country scale.
- Then if your team wins your country challenge, you will participate in the Global Stage against the winner from every other country, to be in for a chance of winning the Global prize of the competition.
Opportunity Focus Areas:
- Ground Transportation
- Digital Identity & Security
- Defense & Security
ALL WORLD COUNTRIES.
- You could be from any nationality, but you have to be studying in one of the following countries: United Arab Emirates (UEA), Australia, Canada, China, France, Germany, Portugal, Romania, United Kingdom, United States of America.
- Stage 1 “Briefing and ideation”: form September 9th to December 15th, in this stage you creating your team and submitting your project.
- Stage 2 “In-depth study & country showcase”: January-February, For this second stage, each team will get the chance to be mentored by Thales experts. They will help you dive deeper into your project in order to prepare a video and a pitch and impress the jury at the country showcase.
- You must submit your project on the platform one week before the country showcase. The 5 teams will have the opportunity to present their pitch and video to the jury.
- Teams through to stage 2 will be evaluated by the Country Jury on the above criteria plus the following extra criteria: clarity.
- All the finalist team members will receive a bag full of Thales branded goodies.
- The country winner will receive their prize and an invitation to participate in the Global Final. The video of the country winner will be posted on the platform for a public “People’s choice award”
- Stage 3 “Prototyping and Global Stage”: March-April, The country winner team will receive funding of the equivalent of 300€ to design and create their prototype (the team must purchase their own equipment within this budget and submit their receipts to us so we can reimburse the cost).
- The team will have to make a video of their prototype in action and submit it around mid-March (exact date to be confirmed) to be reviewed by the Global Jury.
- Teams through to the final Global stage will be evaluated on all of the above criteria plus the following extra criteria: quality and completeness of Deliverables.
- Click here to discover the details about the Global Stage.
- You could be from any nationality, but you have to be studying in one of this countries: United Arab Emirates (UEA), Australia, Canada, China, France, Germany, Portugal, Romania, United Kingdom, United States of America.
- To participate:
- Create a team of 2 to 5 people or join an existing team.
- Start researching Thales in order to understand who we are as a company.
- Work in your teams to come up with an initial idea for your project, based on technologies in one of our five main markets.
- Further define your design concept and submit your brief and idea in a 5-slide presentation on the platform using the template given before December 15th, 23:59.
- Team project submissions online are evaluated by the Country Jury based on the following criteria: innovation, importance & priority, relevancy, feasibility and impact. The selected teams will be announced in January, 2020.
- The Country Finalists: 5 teams will be selected to move on to stage 2 and each member of the 5 finalist teams will get a goody bag with great Thales branded products.
- The Country Winner: The 5 best teams of each country will pitch their project and one team will be selected as Country Winner. The prize is an experience at the Thales site in their country, a smart watch each and a place in the Global Stage. Also they will receive funding of the equivalent of 300€ to design and create their prototype.
- The Global Winner: The Global winner selected amongst the 10 best teams will have the amazing opportunity of a world-class internship at the Digital Factory in Paris.
First Step: create your account from here.
Second Step: submit your project online before the deadline.
Know more about this opportunity:
To learn how to write CV, Essays, Personal statement, and know about recommendation letters click here:
Marj3 recommended links
This Scholarship Published by:
” Alaa Mohamed/ Egypt “
“ Hadeer Magyd/ Egypt”
MARJ3 Scholarships team