30 November 2019 at 15:00 Finnish time.
Doctoral Candidate in Microbial Physiology
Aalto University is seeking high-achieving doctoral candidates to apply for this funding opportunity in the field of Microbial Physiology for the academic year 2020/21. The educational award is to attract all international students for taking the doctoral degree program at the university. The main focus of this program is on discovering unique pathways and in particular investigating the metabolic flexibility of nitrogen and carbon cycle microorganisms.
The university design microbial pathways to convert CO2 to fuels via the archaeal reductive acetyl-CoA pathway. One project involves genetic engineering and regulation to convert CO2 and hydrogen into short-chain alkanes. The second project involves direct electron transfer via multi-heme cytochromes to reversibly interconvert alkanes to electricity, a process that mimics the anode of a methane fuel cell at cold temperatures.
Opportunity Focus Areas:
- Microbial physiology.
- Metabolic engineering.
- Systems biology.
ALL WORLD COUNTRIES.
To be eligible, the applicants must meet all the following criteria:
- MSc in a suitable field, such as microbial physiology, metabolic engineering, genetics, systems biology, biophysics or biochemistry.
- Be highly committed to science and strive for excellence.
- Develop own smart ideas and think independently.
- Be able to focus on solving tough scientific problems.
- Have good written and oral communication skills in English.
- The salary is defined according to the salary system of Finnish Universities. The expected starting salary for a doctoral candidate is approximately 2400€/month and will increase with responsibilities and performance over time. The contract includes occupational health benefits.
First Step: Log in to the electronic application system and complete the application form.
- If you are applying from outside of Aalto University, register as user for this apply form system.
Second Step: Fill-in Aalto University’s application form for doctoral studies.
Third Step: Submit all the attachments as pdf-files.
- Supporting Documents include Cover letter, CV, certificates, courses completed (including grades), MSc thesis (if already finished), and research interest description. Also, you should submit names and contact details of references.
- Before applying, please check the application instructions, language requirements, basic requirements for eligibility to doctoral studies here. Contact Aalto CHEM professor responsible for your field of research at early stage of the application process. Funding should be discussed and planned with the supervising professor or thesis advisor.
- For employment by research projects: see and apply for the open positions at Aalto University http://www.aalto.fi/en/about/careers/jobs/
Know more about this opportunity:
To learn how to write CV, Essays, Personal statement, and know about recommendation letters click here:
Marj3 recommended links
This Scholarship Published by:
” Rawan Hamed/ Egypt “
Reviewed by” Head’s name/ Head’s Country ”
MARJ3 Scholarships team