23 January 2019, Wednesday at 17 GMT
University Post Graduate Research Committee Scholarships 2019
Sheffield is a world top-100 university with highly rated teaching and research. At Sheffield you will be taught by inspirational researchers and be able to see the work they do first hand.
The University of Sheffield invests a significant amount of funding each year in order to support the very best postgraduate research students. For entry in 2019-20, each Faculty is offering a number of University Post Graduate Research Committee Scholarships on a competitive basis.
Scholarships are awarded on a competitive basis – applications are assessed on the basis of academic success and qualifications, experience, research background, a clear well-articulated research proposal, the potential impact of the research and a good match with supervisor/department expertise.
Specializations for studying on this opportunity:
Faculty of Arts and Humanities
- French Studies
- Germanic Studies
- Hispanic Studies
- Interdisciplinary Programmes Office (Arts & Humanities)
- Languages and Cultures
- Russian and Slavonic Studies
- Sheffield Institute for Interdisciplinary Biblical Studies (SIIBS)
Faculty of Engineering
- Aerospace Engineering
- Automatic Control and Systems Engineering
- Chemical and Biological Engineering
- Civil & Structural Engineering
- Computer Science
- Electronic and Electrical Engineering
- Materials Science and Engineering
- Mechanical Engineering
Faculty of Medicine, Dentistry and Health
- Clinical Dentistry
- Human Communication Sciences
- Infection, Immunity & Cardiovascular Disease
- The Medical School
- Nursing and Midwifery
- Oncology & Metabolism
- Health and Related Research (ScHARR)
Faculty of Science
- Animal and Plant Sciences
- Mathematics and Statistics
- Biomedical Science
- Molecular Biology and Biotechnology
- Physics and Astronomy
Faculty of Social Sciences
- East Asian Studies
- Information School
- Journalism Studies
- Landscape Architecture
- Management School
- Sheffield Methods Institute
- Sociological Studies
- Urban Studies and Planning
International Faculty – City College, Thessaloniki
- Business Administration and Economics
- Computer Science
- English Studies
- Executive MBA
ALL WORLD COUNTRIES.
3 years full-time study or 6 Years Part-time study.
- You should have, or expect to achieve, a first or upper second class UK honours degree or equivalent.
- You should be applying to start your first year of study on a full-time or part-time PhD with the University in academic year 2019-20 (after 1 October 2019).
- Awards are open to UK, EU and international applicants.
The scholarship covers:
- Fees (UK/EU or Overseas) and a full maintenance stipend at the RCUK rate (full-time rate £14,777 in 2018-19).
- Fees (UK/EU or Overseas) and a half or partial maintenance stipend.
- Fees only (UK/EU or Overseas).
- A contribution towards fees and/or maintenance.
- Access to Research Support funds for conference and other expenses.
- These scholarships fund up to three years full-time or six years part-time study, subject to satisfactory progress. Part-time studentships are paid at 50% of the full-time rate.
First Step: Create your account here.
Second Step: Complete your personal information including:
- English language ability
- previous education and employment
Third Step: Choose your program. you can apply for three different programs.
- Proof of your previous degree(s)
- Academic references
- English language certificates (EU and International applicants)
- A supporting statement
- Curriculum vitae (CV)/resume
You can attach supporting documents to your online application.
Note the following:
- If you are a graduate in Medicine and wish to apply for an MD research degree please visit the Medical School to apply.
- you can apply for three different programs.
- for more information about how to apply, watch this video and the video in official website.
Know more about this opportunity:
To learn how to write CV, Essays, Personal statement, and know about recommendation letters click here:
Marj3 recommended links
This Scholarship Published by:
” Ahmed Farag/ Egypt “
Reviewed by” Islam Abo Eissa/ Egypt ”
MARJ3 Scholarships team