September 30, 2018, 23:59 (Paris time)
The QuEnG Doctoral Programme- Univ.Grenoble Alpes
The QuEnG programme aims to foster a local ecosystem for quantum technologies, building on the unique concentration of expertises, know-how, and resources of Grenoble area. The targeted ecosystem will connect various areas of knowledge, from science to humanities and entrepreneurship.
The students of the programme will work together to address current challenges of quantum technologies, at the interface between physics, computer science, mathematics, industry, philosophy and social science. The QuEnG programme provides a unique opportunity to develop a network both in the private and in the academic sector, and to become one of the future quantum engineers.
Opportunity Focus Areas:
- quantum hardware,
- quantum software,
- qubit/photon interface,
- quantum sensing,
- energetic and entropic footprints of quantum processing,
- societal and philosophical aspects of quantum theory and quantum technologies,
- along the lines of the project Quantum Engineering Grenoble
ALL WORLD COUNTRIES.
- Outstanding or excellent Master’s degree or equivalent qualification
- Capacity or good previous knowledge in Quantum Computing, Quantum Technology, Philosophy or Sociology of Science, Mathematics
- Outstanding references
- The QuEnG doctoral programme is funded by the Idex-UGA
- From 1769 euros/month (without teaching) to 2100 euros/month (with teaching) before taxes, with additional research grants ranging from 5 k€ to 40 k€.
- All travel/accommodation expenses will be covered for 3 days/2 nights (for the interview).
- You must have built a PhD project corresponding to one of the workpackages described in the QuEnG project
- Download the PhD programme application form
- With the help of your thesis supervisor, you must fill in this application form with all requested details
- You must contact us at [email protected] in order to inform us of your intention to apply to the PhD programme. We will make sure your application matches the programme requirements.
- Save as PDF each document: Application form / CV / exam results / diplomas….
- Merge all these PDFs into ONE single .PDF file
- Send by email this that final PDF file to [email protected] before the deadline
- You must request (at least) two recommendation letters based on the template included at the end of the application form (section F). These letters must be sent by your referee himself/herself directly to [email protected] before the deadline
Note: Selected students will receive a convocation for the interview and instructions to prepare their travel and stay in Grenoble. All travel/accommodation expenses will be covered for 3 days/2 nights. This will provide enough time to each applicant to visit their hosting laboratory and to finalise their oral presentation together with their future thesis supervisor. Non-selected applicants will receive a short feedback report within 2 weeks.
Know more about this opportunity:
-Contact us at:
- Meunier, Tristan
Head of Quantum hardware (WP1)
- Mhalla, Mehdi
Head of Quantum software (WP2)
- Joye, Alain
Head of Qubit/photon interface (WP3)
- Gérard, Jean-Michel
Head of Quantum sensing (WP4)
- Whitney, Robert
Head of Energetic and entropic footprints of quantum processing (WP5)
- Louvel, Séverine
Head of Societal and philosophical aspects of quantum theory and quantum technologies (WP6)
To learn how to write CV, Essays, Personal statement, and know about recommendation letters click here:
Marj3 recommended links
This Scholarship Published by:
“Alaa Faramawy/Egypt “
Reviewed by”Neama Fahmy/ Egypt ”
MARJ3 Scholarships team